This guide presents a series of processes to put together a MediaWiki with the following goals:
- Suitable for a corporate environment
- Emphasis on security
- Demonstrable build - Each article in this guide has a section describing what has been tested with that article
- Safe upgrades - You have to do the testing for your environment but it will be based on a Long Term Support OS and system software
- Minimum amount of software - not a LAMP style install
- Current software - get the latest stuff
- Visual Editor
- Secured AD/LDAP authentication with Single Sign On (SSO) through any browser that supports it. IE, Chrome, Chromium and Firefox at a minimum
The idea is that you can deploy a system with MediaWiki and concentrate on the wiki rather than the system
- Intranet/Intranet Reference Build Ubuntu
- Intranet/Intranet Installation
- Intranet/Intranet Client Configuration
- ... (extension list) ...
Status and to do
Comments and requests please refer to the Discussion page.
- Suggested extension list and configuration
- Testing functionality post upgrade
- At least one more reference OS install - Centos? Windows?
- Verify security - Point OpenVAS and co at it
- Consider breaking "Intranet Installation" up into separate pages