Release status: stable
|Description||Full-featured text editor, integrated into MediaWiki edit pages|
|Latest version||See current version.|
|MediaWiki||> 1.8 (1.7?)|
|Download|| Code (do not copy for installation)|
Home (overview, installation, and recent changes)
|Example||Gadget on English Wikipedia. See the wikEd home and wikEd help page|
Translate the WikEd extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
What can this extension do?
wikEd is a full-featured MediaWiki-integrated text editor that adds enhanced text processing functions to edit pages. Currently it works only for Firefox and other Mozilla browsers, Safari, and Google Chrome. wikEd is a complete rich-text pseudo-WYSIWYG editor and comes with many MediaWiki-specific features.
- Wikicode syntax highlighting
- Pasting, import, and conversion of formatted text, e.g. from Microsoft-Word and web pages
- Regular expression search and replace
- Edit preview and show changes on the same page without reloading
- Fullscreen editing mode
- Single-click fixing of common mistakes
- History for summary, search, and replace fields
- Jump to selected heading
- Type-ahead find
- Support for many languages
- Improved diff display
- Follow links and wiki-links (ctrl-click)
- Runs automatically on every MediaWiki installation when installed as a local Greasemonkey user script
For a more detailed feature list see wikEd features.
There are four ways to install wikEd:
- As a Gadget
- As a Userscript (User:YourUsername/common.js)
- As a site script (MediaWiki:common.js)
- As a Greasemonkey script
wikEd is completely customizable, see wikEd customization.
Changes to LocalSettings.php
$wgAllowUserJs = true;" to LocalSettings.php