Release status: stable
|Description||Adds a special page to filter out unwanted expressions.|
|Latest version||1.4 (3 December 2016)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the SpamRegex extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
SpamRegex extension creates a new page,
Special:SpamRegex, to filter out unwanted links or text. A full list of currently blocked links or text can be viewed on this same special page. The spamregexed expressions cannot be used in page content, edit summaries or page move summaries, depending on what was chosen by the user who blocked links or text.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'SpamRegex' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- This extension uses Memcached - please check if Memcached is configured properly in Global/LocalSettings.php.
- Ensure the the
spamregexuser right is given to a group that exists; by default this user right is given to the
staffuser group (which does not exist in a default MediaWiki installation).
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Go to Special:SpamRegex
- Enter the phrase to be blocked into the "Phrase to block" box
- Supply a reason for blocking the phrase
- Select one or both of the available options: block phrase in page text & block phrase in summary (edit summaries, page move summaries)
- Press the "Block this phrase" button