Extension:Cargo/Known bugs and planned features
|Cargo - navigation|
|Basics||Main page (talk) · Download and installation · Quick start guide · Other documentation · SMW migration guide|
|Using Cargo||Storing data · Querying data (Display formats) · Browsing data · Exporting data · Other features|
|Resources for help||Common problems · Known bugs and planned features · Getting support|
|About Cargo||Authors and credits · Version history · Sites that use Cargo · Cargo and Semantic MediaWiki · FAQ|
- The buttons in the 'calendar' display format (like "today") currently still have their values hard-coded in English.
- There is currently no way to query on fields that hold a list of coordinates.
- If a table is recreated via the web interface and the "job run rate" (set via $wgJobRunRate) is too high, it can lead to some pages not getting their data stored.
- Cargo has in the past experienced issues in both storing and displaying data when the VisualEditor extension is also in use on the wiki; it is not clear if this still a problem.
- Cargo is known to work with the MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server database systems. It has not been tested with either Oracle or SQLite, and most likely will not work with either one.
Features that it would be useful to add to Cargo include:
- More display formats, including slideshows and more complex charts.
- Allow for defining "child tables" for templates, so that all templates that show up together on certain pages can be queried and displayed together more easily, especially in Special:Drilldown.
- Better automatic display of data, including automatic maps, calendars/timelines and bar charts for tables that contain fields of type Coordinates, Date/Datetime and Integer/Float, respectively.
- A new "Ratings" field type, which would have special handling in forms and drilldown.