Release status: unknown
Translate the Synagonism-mw skin if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix;|
Synagonism-mw is a MediaWiki-Skin that greatly improves page-READING by moving the table-of-contents on the left and showing the position the reader is reading!
Synagonism-mw is a modification of the vector-skin (the wikipedia's defalult skin) with these extra attributes:
- The left sidebar now is a drop-down menu, always visible.
- The logo, the portlets personal and search and the title of the page are always visible.
- The table-of-contents (toc) moved on the left in a splittable-pane, always visible.
- The toc is an expandable tree.
- There is two-way communication between the toc and the articles.
- By clicking on the toc, goes to that heading and the user can copy the address of any section of an article.
- By clicking on a section of an article, in the toc is highlited this section and its parents are only expanded, giving to the reader the big picture of the position s|he is reading. Thus improves the readability of big articles.
- If there is no toc in a page (eg less than 3 headings), the toc automatically closes and leaves all the space for the article.
- Splitbar has a button that closes|opens the toc with one click.
More at SourceForge