Release status: stable
|Description||Simple grey fixed-width skin|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||16 (Ranked 25th)|
|Public wikis using||35 (Ranked 58th)|
|Public wikis using as default skin||1|
|Translate the GreyStuff skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
GreyStuff is a fixed-width grey skin intended to emphasise content over interface stuff, initially created in an attempt to write a skin in an hour. Obviously the attempt failed, but the skin was eventually written regardless.
It was originally called '
LookMumASkin'. The name has only slightly improved since then.
It mostly supports mobile with full tools (mileage may vary on how pleasant their interfaces become at mobile sizes).
- If using Vagrant, install with
vagrant roles enable greystuff -p
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadSkin( 'GreyStuff' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
Nothing special to configure, uses the sidebar and $wgLogos icon, wordmark, and tagline like other skins. The logo image, however, can be explicitly disabled, as for legacy reasons it falls back to $wgLogo/older $wgLogos values when an icon isn't set:
- Default: True
- Whether or not to use the wiki's square logo image as part of the banner
|This skin is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|