Release status: stable
|Description||Easy-to-use gaming-oriented skin|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Example||Interface Messages Wiki, Wikimedia Skins Lab|
|Quarterly downloads||83 (Ranked 13th)|
|Public wikis using||873 (Ranked 22nd)|
|Public wikis using as default skin||1|
|Translate the Gamepress skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
Gamepress is a MediaWiki skin ported from the free and open source, GPL-licensed WordPress theme with the same name.
The WordPress theme was written by Aleksandra Łączek and the MediaWiki port was done by Jack Phoenix on 16 January 2014 for ShoutWiki.
- Two navigation "portlets" — custom, drop-down based menu (
[[MediaWiki:Gamepress-navigation]]) at the top of the page, and
[[MediaWiki:Sidebar]]as the right-hand sidebar
- Three (or four, depending on how you look at it — the red one is the default/base theme) themes:
- No logo image
[[MediaWiki:Gamepress-prefooter-3]]; if any of them has any content at all, the prefooter area will be rendered. If all three messages are empty, as they are by default, then the prefooter area won't be shown. If and when you want to give these prefooter columns a header, use a manual
<h3 class="widget-title">Title goes here</h3>instead of wikitext so that the text renders as intended
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadSkin( 'Gamepress' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
|This skin is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|