This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
See Selenium instead.
It all started with Barry, then Cindy and Frankie appeared. There isn't a lot to be found about Frankie. Cindy is the only bot still used.
- You do not have to install anything on your machine.
- You are probably already familiar with Gerrit and Wikimedia Labs.
- While the tests are running, you can continue using your machine as usual, because everything is happening in Wikimedia Labs.
- Debugging failed tests will be easier, since you will see the browser, logs, screenshots and video of the test run.
- You will need internet connection while running the tests.
- You might not be familiar with Gerrit or Wikimedia Labs, so you will have to learn how to use yet another tool.
Run the Selenium tests
- Push commit for CirrusSearch to Gerrit.
- Example: 310359.
- Cindy will run automatically.
- When the tests are done, Cindy will leave a comment in Gerrit.
- If there were errors, the comment will be
Cindy-the-browser-test-bot Patch Set 1: Code-Review-1 I ran tests for your patch and there were some errors: features/suggest_api.feature:61
- If there were no errors, the comment will be
Cindy-the-browser-test-bot Patch Set 1: Phan static analysis done without errors!
- Barry-the-Browser-Test-Bot (Github)
- Barry-the-Browser-Test-Bot-Installer (Github)
- Reading/Browser tests
- Reading/Browser tests/Setting up a browser test bot
- Reading/Browser tests/Setting up a browser test instance