Selenium/Getting Started/Run tests targeting MediaWiki-Docker
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page describes how to run Selenium tests locally on your development install of MediaWiki. This tutorial is based on the setup from MediaWiki-Docker.
- It will be fast, since the target machine is local. MediaWiki core Selenium test run takes about 4 minutes on my machine. (As of September 2019.)
- Works without an internet connection.
- You will have to install MediaWiki, Selenium and their dependencies on your machine.
- MediaWiki. We assume you have a MediaWiki-Docker setup. It should be similar for other local MediaWiki installations.
- Install Google Chrome.
- Download ChromeDriver and ensure the program is in a folder included in your
- Install Node.js and npm.
Run Selenium tests
Chromedriver has to run in one terminal window:
chromedriver --url-base=wd/hub --port=4444
In another terminal window:
npm run selenium-test