Selenium/Ruby/Cindy The Browser Test Bot
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
See Selenium instead.
It all started with Barry, then Cindy and Frankie appeared. There isn't a lot to be found about Frankie. Cindy is the only bot still used.
- You do not have to install anything on your machine.
- You are probably already familiar with Gerrit and Wikimedia Labs.
- While the tests are running, you can continue using your machine as usual, because everything is happening in Wikimedia Labs.
- Debugging failed tests will be easier, since you will see the browser, logs, screenshots and video of the test run.
- You will need internet connection while running the tests.
- You might not be familiar with Gerrit or Wikimedia Labs, so you will have to learn how to use yet another tool.
Run the Selenium tests
- Push commit for CirrusSearch to Gerrit.
- Example: 310359.
- Cindy will run automatically.
- When the tests are done, Cindy will leave a comment in Gerrit.
- If there were errors, the comment will be
Cindy-the-browser-test-bot Patch Set 1: Code-Review-1 I ran tests for your patch and there were some errors: features/suggest_api.feature:61
- If there were no errors, the comment will be
Cindy-the-browser-test-bot Patch Set 1: Phan static analysis done without errors!
- Barry-the-Browser-Test-Bot (Github)
- Barry-the-Browser-Test-Bot-Installer (Github)
- Reading/Browser tests
- Reading/Browser tests/Setting up a browser test bot
- Reading/Browser tests/Setting up a browser test instance