Scrum of scrums/2016-08-03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 2016-08-03
- 1.1 Product
- 1.2 Technology
- 1.3 Wikidata
- 1.4 Fundraising Tech
iOS native app
- 5.0.5 was released last week.
- Reduced crash rate by 90%
- Several problems were identified after release and scheduled for 5.0.6
- 5.0.6 is going through regression today
- Shold be released by end of week
- Working with beta testers to verify fixes
- 5.1 is in Development
- Major features are iPad and Find in Page
Android native app
- Current sprint: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2091/
- Next sprint (not yet full) : https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2142/
- Working on navigation overhaul, not blocked/blocking anyone to our knowledge.
Mobile Content Service (MCS)
- Updating link handling
- Adding namespace and last modifier information to mobile-sections responses.
- Added a few more languages to 'In the news' feed.
- Current sprint: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2115/
- Next sprint (not yet full) : https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2126/
- Mobile web language switcher button moving from bottom to top (with a tip if user uses button on bottom of page which will remain for another several sprints)
- Lazy loaded images for mobile web shipping approximately next 2-4 weeks
- Nothing to flag for now.
- Rolling out UCA collation + numeric sorting to English Wikipedia (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T136150)
- Currently testing for German Wikipedia (https://de.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Kategorie:UCA-Sortierung)
- Making improvements to InternetArchiveBot
- Had more meetings to hash out plan for cross-wiki watchlists
- Would you please add +tgr to any related tix? Mainly in thinking about multiple watchlist support *down the road* (not now, understood that's not part of your charter right now)
- Will probably need a dedicated database shard/hardward
- Blocked - None
- Blocking - Finishing up the ConfirmEdit work ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T141300 ) which is blocking ResourceLoader changes. Shouldn't require any action from you.
- Nothing major to flag
- Some internal Echo-related improvements
- [TechOps/DB] Investigate increase in "readonly" saving errors in Content Translation https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T141090 - Need more guidance on what Language Team can do here.
- [Analytics] Suddenly outrageous higher pageviews for main pages https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T141506 - Very important in statistics of Compact Language Links.
- Analytics response: we're happy to prioritize any infrastructure issues that come out of this, but right now it needs more research attention, Tilman and others are looking into it
- Blocking: None
- CX Dumps available soon
- Bug fixes for CX/CLL continue
- Apertium->Jessie in progress; Still lots of packages to go.
- Ongoing migration of Parsoid cluster to Jessie and Node v4 (courtesy Alexandros Kosiaris & Marko Obrovac). All Parsoid deploys on hold until that finishes.
- Ongoing work on a bunch of projects, but nothing worth updating here at this point.
- No blockers
- Working on implementing bm25 searching
- Bugfixes for cross-wiki search (sections & namespaces)
- Refactoring & cleanup of CirrusSearch code
- Set up continuos cleanup process via cron (saneitizer)
- Stripping the question mark (?) from search queries is on the train this week (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T133711)
- new AQS cluster is loaded back to February, when we get all the way back to last July we'll switch over
- analytics-l thread on how much history to keep in Pageview API: (https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/analytics/2016-July/005317.html )
- Mediawiki history reconstruction algorithm scaled to handle enwiki, now being productionized to do all wikis. NOTE to ops / DBAs: we will reach out to you on the list to make sure it's ok to hit analytics-store (dbstore1002 I think) like this
- refinery deployment with scap is being tested tomorrow: Phab:T129151
- EventLogging fixed to handle kafka restarts more graciously, being tested in beta right now
- ORES incident during deployment
- deployment to beta didn't show issues due to differences in configuration between beta and prod
- Upgrading parsoid infrastructure to debian jessie, node 4.x
- There is going to be an varnish XKEY meeting
- prometheus work is ongoing
- thumbor is being introduced as a service in the infrastructure
- Mediawiki 1.27.1 release delayed to next week
- captcha improvements
- Parsoid in beta migrated to Jessie and Node 4, prod happening this week, 2 nodes already migrated
- Session storage / Auth service - discussion ongoing: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T140813
- Maps Cassandra cluster: need to move it to 2.2.6
- Service-runner supports building deploy repo on Mac OS X now
Architecture / ArchCom
- Last week: ArchCom meetings 2016W30: 2016-07-27 (Wed)
- This week: ArchCom meetings 2016W31: 2016-08-03 (Wed)
- New Scap release that uses logstash_checker.py coming—live on beta already test please
- Lots of folks out this week, next week less folks out.
- structured commons demo: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Structured_data#It.27s_alive.21
- deploying ArticlePlaceholder on more wikis (cywiki - Welsh) - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T140725
- upgraded to mw 1.27 running on new hardware
- Installing new Redis cluster to replace ActiveMQ
- Rewriting queue code to work with Redis
- CiviCRM performance tuning
- CentralNotice cookie cleanup