Scrum of scrums/2016-04-27
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Merge of AuthManager pending security review (n.b., old code will become no-op upon feature flag enabled later on)
- Pushed security fix for contributions page
- Lazy loading references to beta. FYI for OPs: this may increase API requests to mobileview slightly let us know if you see anything problematic. Beta audience is small however so unlikely to be any impact.
- Question for Analytics: status of VCL pageview counting fix?
- Reading lists feature nearly finished; shooting for beta release by end of week.
- Patch in review for compatibility with AuthManager login/account creation API changes. Will need updates when Captcha support lands.
- 5.0.3 Code complete EOD April 26
- 5.0.3 Regression testing start and final extrernal beta release April 27
- 5.0.3 Expected release will be week of May 2
- 5.1 still in planning stage - expected to get scope defined next week
- Expect to begin work on migrating to new Auth API after next week
Mobile Content Service
- Same as last week: planning for new feed related endpoints.
- External store work. Now that data switchover is over, need to resync with Jaime.
- Continuing notification work on:
- Special page released to explain how Notifications is configured: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:DisplayNotificationsConfiguration . There is also a related breaking change to a configuration variable. We took care of it for BounceHandler, which seemed to be the only affected WMF-deployed extension. But let me know if anything weird happens with notifications.
- Bundling refactoring
- New MVC structure
- Cross-wiki notifications coming by default in two weeks.
- Added Vagrant roles for GlobalBlocking and TorBlock. Changed merged Monday to have GlobalBlocking return a Block object so the information is more machine-readable.
- Continuing notification work on:
- Team offsite last week
- cxserver service can read config from cxserver repo, so updating new languages/MT pairs are easier now.
- Main update: Closer to being able to do visual diff testing with HTM5depurate (Tidy replacement).
- OCG: Scott pushed a bunch of fixes y'day and might be pushing some more today. Time to reconnect with ops next week to reassess its status.
- No blockers, not blocking
- Work on annotations and 3D, some upload dialog improvements coming.
- looking at CentralNotice prod errors: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T133765
- maybe a ResourceLoader issue? dependency ext.CentralNotice.display not being loaded, though it should be if there are any choices
- deployment tooling
- full-scale fundraising underway in new LATAM countries, fr-tech monitoring errors
- migrating ActiveMQ-specific code to backend-agnostic wrapper
- front-end work for upcoming Israel fundraising
- enabled audit logging on one table in production CiviCRM, preparing to enable on all
- RESTBase serving redirects unless ?redirect=false is passed
- rest.wikimedia.org is no more
- Cassandra cluster expansion in eqiad done, codfw tbd soon-ish
- use Scap3 - https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2016-April/085299.html
- language: how are we doing with Apertium packages for Jessie?
- browsertest* jobs → selenium* jobs https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T128190
- Reviews: AuthManager, json-schema, cross-wiki notifications, hovercards in progress
- Release soon
- Ops: ping to move T128819 forward?
- maps cluster updated to varnish 4
- maps varnish clusters (4x4 boxes) deployed
- all eqiad core DBs upgraded to MariaDB 10.x
- Blocking: none
- Blocked: none
- Preparing for ElasticSearch 2.0 migration
- Deploying geospatial search for WDQS
- Blocked: JSON schema validator https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T129426
- Thanks to ops, we now have 16 varnish servers.
- Unique devices:
- Launched unique devices API, wikitech:Analytics/Unique Devices#AQS API, Easy way to get programmatics access to unique devices data
- Pageview API:
- A lot of operational unanticipated work with pageview API and replacement of nodes, changing cassandra compaction strategy
- Two team members at a conference this week, otto in SF
- Need to announce wikistats hand off from erik zachte, waiting on creation of analytics.wikimedia.org domain
- Blockers: none.
- Updates: Improving Wikidata Query Service UI. Fixing all the loose ends in Wikibase to get the MediaInfo prototype for Commons in shape.