Scrum of scrums/2015-12-09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2.1.135-beta-2015-12-03 published to beta only.
- 2.1.136-* release candidate to be published as beta soon.
- Only bug fixes and polish since v2.1.135.
- New Wikipedia Maps promotion from beta to prod to appear in this release.
- Final planned release of 2015.
- Doing regression testing before wider, public beta distribution of Wikipedia 5.0.0
- Considering Mobile Content Service integration (perhaps as a beta experiment) as Q3 "reach" goal
Mobile Content Service
- 10% of Android Beta App users use the RB based service for link previews (page summary) + page content
- We're concerned that oojs-ui is what we're supposedly wanting to move UI stuff to, but oojs-ui is apparently unowned and development is blocked on T113681 with no one planning to work on it (and people are being encouraged to shove stuff into mw.widgets to hack around that block).
- ApiSandbox is now theoretically blocked on Brad finding time to apply said hack, since we've determined oojs-ui isn't getting new functionality any time soon..
- Reviews: ArticlePlacement (waiting for wikidata), Thumbor in progress, RevisionJumper this week
- Secure Code training today, 3:30pm PST - https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2015-December/084213.html
- Need help: T118769 (Ops, someone who can help with vcl)
- Blocking: none
- Blocked by: none
- Migration from OpenDJ to OpenLDAP successful. Some minor wake from the migration, solved today
- ops get their yuvikeys one by one
- moving on with scaling alerting monitoring
- drafting Q3 goals
- Actively working with RelEng on Scap3
- Current goal: set up AQS in beta
- RESTBase v0.9.0 released
- many config style changes
- Analytics - need to coordinate next deploy (config changes)
- move RESTBase to service::node - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/257898/
- extension emitting events now in Beta, after tests moving to prod (next week)
- need security review
- HTTP proxy service work continues (Analytics)
- working on change propagation
- CXServer move to service-runner
- let's schedule the actual merge/deploy, Kartik, Alex
- Goals for next Q: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T118868
- finalisation tomorrow
- if you have JobRunner jobs, we'd like to talk to you about moving them to the EventBus
- Blocking: (none)
- Blocked by: (none)
- Scap3 refactoring and tech debt cleanup
- Deployed AQS in Beta Cluster
- Moving on to support Mathoid
- One Q3 goal is to support MediaWiki deployments
- Rolling responsibility of cutting MediaWiki branches
- Bear with noobs
- Scap3 refactoring and tech debt cleanup
- Portal A/B test launched
- Completion suggesters beta feature deployed soon
- Working on Q3 goals
- No blocking/blockers
- interactive graphs are on the train - https://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/DynamicGraph
- Do not perform image quality reduction for any zero partners, or it may corrupt image URLs
- Will push kartographer extension to beta cluster
- Tiny, conservative fixes to Central Notice and payments-wiki
- Bunch of new visualizations for the internal fundraising dashboard
- Dealing with interesting behaviors of the new CiviCRM verison
- Actually upstreaming a bunch of fixes!
- Watching donation streams and error logs
- More testing of backup credit card processor
- Gathering stats on donatewiki clicks
- Will replace 3rd-party email performance tracking, which has been redirecting users through weird-looking domains
- Wrapping up Wishlist Survey
- Working on Gadgets 2.0
- PageAssessments extension - need some help figuring out job/database scalability
- Discovered use of "wikitext as a database" page ( https://ur.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85_%D9%85%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%AA_%DA%A9%DB%92 ) that was being updated multiple times a minute by bots
- Let to a 80% and higher load on the Parsoid cluster over the last 4-6 hours because the DOM is larger than what Parsoid can reliably handle.
- Filed https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120972: Introduce configurable wt2html/html2wt to deal with this; On the RESTBase end, there is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120971 (Blacklist automatic updates for especially expensive pages)