Scrum of scrums/2015-10-28
- Beta release (v2.1.133-beta-2015-10-26) published October 26th. Promoted to production October 28th. Crash reporting is already proving useful.
- Lots of volunteer contributions lately.
- Ramping up to release internal Alpha soon
- Closer to being able to evaluate API usage impact
Team has been on offsite - catching up with backlog. Web team has switched to its own release model for its projects to manage changes going out to production: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Release_process
Continuing to move to Parsoid instead of mobileview. The restrictions of this move are:
* Having a harder time getting to the full URL of the spokenWikipedia article audio files. If anyone knows the right Parsoid calls to get the content of a File: page, like * no srcset attributes in <img> tags. We're relying on Parsoid to fix this. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88827
- Block: Need security review for php-session-serializer and SessionManager, see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T116413 for details
- Block: ApiSandbox is still ultimately blocked on whoever owns oojs-ui for https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T91148
- Block: Language is *still* requested to comment on said Datetime widget, https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/216909/
- Not going to pretend https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T110274 (CI) will ever be a blocker anymore, we'll just redo the unit tests
- Blocking: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T102039
- Blocked by: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T87036 need help testing the Dallas deployment server
* work on multi-instance Cassandra is ongoing * Starting to move cronjobs off of terbium for the migration to trusty (e.g. HHVM finalization),
- T114694 Create deployment for wikimedia/portals: ongoing discussion on task, we're mostly ready
- Blocked by: (none)
- Deployment tooling implementation continues
- Documentation (for user centric docs) sprint this week
- Investigating caching options for dependencies on isolated CI instances
- MW release 1.26 Nov 20-ish
- Continuing to dogfood arc/Differential
- Starting a weekly meeting to address pitfalls/concerns
- Deployment tooling implementation continues
- some Cassandra health issues, working on them now
- QG - High-traffic API
- QG - EventBus
- QG - API-driven front-end
- basic server-side serviceworker support at https://github.com/gwicke/node-serviceworker
- need to benchmark it and implement caching support
- Event Logging problems caused delays in data getting to analytics-store, backfilled as of yesterday, reports should be re-run for October 14 and 22 through 27
- Pageview API had some storage problems and hiccups but we removed hourly resolution and it's up and available, go nuts! :)
- We're looking at alternative data stores for the Pageview API (Druid and Elastic Search mostly, or a hybrid)
- new pageview definition statistics are starting to be dumped on ... dumps: http://dumps.wikimedia.org/other/pageviews/ (empty until it rsyncs)
- Revscoring review should be done this week, AuthManager/SessionManager scheduled for this week
- Reviewing a bunch of CORS issues
- Blocking: Still https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/216909/
- Niklas working on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T86385 (was blocker/high priority)
- CX Suggestion work continue. More features coming this/next week!
- Gradual deployment strategy for https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89331.
- First step is https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/246148/ (disables empty-
- removal and uses CSS to preserve existing rendering; use Parsoid to identify templates relying on <empty>-li behavior + work with those template authors to address them)
- Exploring visual diff solutions that we can get reliable metrics on for mass testing to detect problems -- we are likely going to use a combination of techniques: one to get a numeric metric that is reliable, and a separate one for visualization.
- We'll start working on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88827 to get srcsrc attributes for image tags (VE, mobile services depend on this)
- We'll also start work on adding support for reading TemplateData during serialization (VE depends on this)
- cscott has been hacking away on https://github.com/cscott/node-mediawiki-express to support ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T114457 )
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T116700 - Issue with converting a specific post from HTML to wikitext with Parsoid - Parsoid team is already looking into it.
- Working on the artificial primary key for Flow wiki and external references, for DB team.
- Will soon be working on finishing Flow work for External Store
- Work on the changes for cross-DC memcached is in progress
- Other than that, working on various things, especially notifications and anti-spam
- About to throw the switch on CiviCRM upgrade
- Assessing backup processors for December campaign
- More work on fundraising-focused CentralNotice features
- Revscoring blocked on privacy/security (security review)