Scrum of scrums/2015-08-19
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Reading
- 2 Editing
- 3 Community Tech
- 4 Infrastructure
- 5 Technology
- 6 Discovery
- 7 Fundraising Tech
Still working on 5.0, nothing to report.
Mobile Content Service
- Initial deployment to production environment done. Thanks to Ops and Services team. :)
- Initiated dialogue on Analytics list about pageview definition https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/analytics/2015-August/004180.html
- Working on using new Mobile Content Service routes in Android app.
- Getting ready for a new beta release.
Working on quick surveys and various bugs for performance work and wrapping up removing alpha.
- Wondering why the meeting for this is hidden on personal calendars instead of being on the Engineering calendar.
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T84956 is blocked on Ops code review
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T91148 is blocked on Editing, or whoever is that owns oojs-ui
- Blocked: None.
- Blocking: None.
- Apertium-APY memory leak issue fixed (T107270) (We're watching graph!) with help of upstream and Ops (Alex!). Thanks!
- CX: Suggestions in Dashboard in Progress.
- CX: Bug fixes deployed (Last week's help call: T108559) and team is working on it.
- Current phase of HTML normalizations to generate "scrubbed" wikitext is now close to being done.
- Combined with VE-side patches that Scott worked on, by the end of this week, we expected a reduction in <nowiki> added to VE edits.
- Several link handling fixes (in the parser as well as the serializer).
- Arlo is reporting a serious slowdown in core parser tests run and thinks https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T109183 is related ( and has a fix as well now: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/232536/ )
- LiquidThreads->Flow done on MediaWiki.org!
- Made a lot of progress on converting editors (used for new topics, new posts, editing description, etc.) to OOjs UI (almost done).
- Had some watchlist issues, fixed now
- Working on a new feature to allow users to enable a BetaFeature to convert their talk page to Flow, and then (if they want) back to wikitext.
- Still working on a database change to fix issues with links table.
- Also finishing up the change to use core's standard content model/handler functionality where possible.
- Investigating 16 different community requests
- Most of these are related to improving various gadgets and Tool Labs tools
- Some of these overlap with other teams
- Working with the reading team to figure out how to give Hovercards feature parity with navigation pop-ups.
- no blockers
- MobileApps service out in prod!
- Working on multi-DC Cassandra set up
- Blocking: (none)
- Blocked by: (none)
- Deployment tooling work continues
- Working group chose scap3 implementation
- Will formulate an MVP for services deployments by this week and begin weekly sprints next week
- Deadline for services deployment MVP is end of this quarter
- Deployment tooling work continues
- Blocked: None
- Blocking: None
- Mobileapps deployed in production
- SCB ready to start migration of services from SCA
- Pageviews - we want to standardize what we count as a pageview, asking here first for feasibility. Is there a way that we can standardize how we define a pageview.
- (Apps don't always know the page_id of the page they're requesting; the discussion also extends to using page_title.)
- Loss from Kafka - 15 hours spread over 4 days.
- Need review from Ops for second puppetization
- Geo down?
- Blocking: none
- Blocker by: none
- start testing the new article recommendation tool (mild test): http://recommend.wmflabs.org/#Recommend
- page trace feedback collection (due Friday) https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Improving_link_coverage/Release_page_traces
- Internal scanning for FrTech in progress
- reviews for Maps done; Mobile Server next
- Not blocking anyone
- Not being blocked
- Couple of tickets but nothing in particular
- Perfomance testing refactored code on beta
- Writing module to sample banner view history without assigning readers unique IDs https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/229560/
- Converting Amazon payments forms from sunsetting Simple Payments to Pay with Amazon
- Investigating new integration method for credit card processing in France
- Writing import for donations made at events