Scrum of scrums/2015-08-12
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Launched new release
- Nothing to report
- ResourceLoader work on making scripts async caused a bunch of problems on the mobile site.
Would've been nice to get a heads up to plan for the team to get involved while planning the sprint.
- Blocking: None
- Blocked: None
- Help needed:
Missing 'contenttranslation' tags:
Q: Why we need redirection for some wikis (nb -> no, dk -> da) Should it be removed?
Focusing on Publishing failures. Fixing Apertium MT service with help of upstream. Work continue on 'Article Suggestion' from this sprint.
- Blocked-on-ops: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T102039 (git deploy restart still broken for Parsoid deploys)
- Continuing to focus on normalizing edited HTML received from Parsoid clients to eliminate / reduce <nowiki> insertions in wikitext
- Scott is working on visualeditor patches to fix things on the VE end to reduce <nowiki> insertions in some cases
- Ongoing work to replace Tidy with a HTML5 parser (see wikitech-l thread that Tim started)
- Continuing work on OO UI
- Finishing up LQT->Flow conversion on MediaWiki.org. There is a memory leak, which we're working on.
- Working on removing custom content model-related code to reuse core's support.
- Working on database change for references (links tables)
- Resuming work on database dumps
- Starting Echo refactoring work and UI changes
- Syntax highlighing investigation
- conflicts with Editing team plans, need further feedback from CLs and TCB team
- No security review needed for now
- Spell checking
- Looking to polish https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/LanguageTool for possible deployment as Beta feature
- Will need security review
- Navigation pop-ups (can it be integrated with Hovercards?)
- Should we invite German TCB team?
- They are working on adding category changes to watchlists and recent changes, should land soon
- Another attempt to deploy Kafka, more carefully, resulted in data loss because of a bug in a java snappy lib. We've recovered and are no longer losing data, we'll report the outage on the list. For fun, check out the 7 day period on this dashboard: http://grafana.wikimedia.org/#/dashboard/db/kafka. The problem starts on Monday, Aug. 10
- we'll be submitting our RESTBase endpoints for review this week most likely (for the pageview API), will send pull request
- not sure if we announced this, but our vital signs dashboard now has pageview totals over all projects, generated by clean new data and the new definition: https://vital-signs.wmflabs.org/#projects=all/metrics=Pageviews (note the annotations explaining the kafka problems)
- Max search query size merged
- A/B testing infrastructure ready, running A/B on suggestions (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T108103)
- Maps Blockers:
- Tile server in production, but will probably be hidden pending security review
- Nothing on board: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/
- Blocking: (none)
- Blocked by: (none)
- Thanks to ops for unblocking: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T72181; Beta Cluster is ready for security scans
- Team worked yesterday to forumulate KPIs
- Started a "skill matrix" to assess de-siloing and knowledge sharing with our team over time
- Deployment tooling work continues
- Deadline to choose underlying tooling (Ansible or scap based) next Monday
- Successful spike to decouple MW-Selenium from Cucumber
- Allows for simplier test design/execution/debugging via plain ol' RSpec
- Internal improvements for better back-end services support
- SQLite backend for MW-Vagrant - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/231047/
- Content WG to meet Thursday @ 19:45Z
- Topic: Templates, Page Components & editing
- MobileApps service to enter production this week!
- For security:
- Blocking: Services on migration to jessie for SCA ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T96017 ), mobile apps on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T92627 both actively being worked on
- Blocked by: none
- Firewall project move along nicely
- Heads up: In this Q we got a mailman migration project. Might or might not entail problems
- All images scalers on HHVM
- maps cluster getting better
- Going to be inquiring about a "performance/security review" for ORES soon. Pointers & docs are welcome.
- Working on reading surveys
- Redesigning (beginning phase) of navigation for iOS
- Finalizing link previews for Android/iOS
(sorry I had to skip out, there was a fire alarm)
- Security release this week, yay!
- PCI work for FrTech
- Maps review soon
- Security scans in beta should start around the week of Aug 24
- Writing lots of tests
- Writing module to sample banner view history without assigning readers unique IDs https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/229560/
- Converting Amazon payments forms from sunsetting Simple Payments to Pay with Amazon
- Making new PCI-compliant queuing more reliable
- Writing import for donations made at events