Scrum of scrums/2015-07-01
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- We were planning to release to production this week, but TSG found a significant bug, and also due to a couple other elusive bugs, we'll go through another Beta cycle, and release to production next week.
- Version 4.1.6 is delayed due to being re-uploaded (now build version 150). We hope it passes Apple review within the next 5-10 business days.
- James has a new, ongoing SoS meeting conflict, which Discovery will resolve in order to remain represented.
- Blocking: none (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/)
- Ops is depending on us for multi datacenter work
- Preparing for Wikimania
- Experimenting with the *Easy* tag in Phabriactor for community involvement
- Labs map service is down
- Team roles are shuffling this week
- vital signs now has the new official pageview definition, updated daily: http://vital-signs.wmflabs.org/
- Event Logging on Kafka work continues, load tests without parallelization show that we can't go beyond 1000 events per second with our current setup
- we continue to work on dashboards and fix broken dashboards, come to us if you need help with that (example: http://extdist-reportcard.wmflabs.org/ )
- mobile dashboard has been down for a while, we are going to split up "reading" from "editing" graphs, the editing graphs will stay disabled for now
- conversation about unique identifiers continues, ops, security, and execs all looped in
- Content Translation:
- 8000 articles!
- Deployed in all wikipedias except enwiki (enwiki on 07/07)
- Yandex coming up soon!
- No dependencies.
- Password policy stuff
- Wikidata Quality review done, WMDE developers are still fixing stuff
- CentralAuth mobile domain login
- T99941 (restricted) can be closed (thanks ops!)
- Section editing API finished, to be deployed likely next week
- Various bug fixes and improvements on RESTBase
- Cassandra troubleshooting - REALLY need those new nodes up desperately
- CSS-based cite customization patch (in development since October 2014) is now merged and scheduled to be deployed on Monday (July 6).
- Arlo working on implementing addition HTML normalizations (behind the scrubWikitext API flag) for edited HTML it receives from clients to minimize html2wt scenarios that require <nowiki> protections. They are being documented at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/Normalizations
- Posted an update on the wikitech-l and engineering lists last Thursday (June 25th) about Parsoid's roundtripping numbers: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2015-June/082213.html
- Andrew Green's Central Notice refactor continues: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T100686
- "ending up as a very big change, and includes a huge amount of cruft cleanout and reorganization of code... Since it runs everywhere and impacts performance, we probably should get input from other teams"
- Got some great feedback from Performance and Mobile, would welcome more from them or anyone else
- Putting together the last backend pieces for fundraising in Brazil, starting work on additional payment methods
- Working on importing payments from Square Cash
- More refactoring of our CiviCRM modules
- Blocking: (none)
- Blocked by: (none)
- Trying to figure out the best way to package nodepool instance for CI without needing root on a prod server
- Working on Gerrit/Zuul jobs that will run a subset of browser (end-to-end) tests for MW extensions
- Continuing to upgrade browser-test suites to use mw-selenium 1.x
- Reviving a year-old patch to isolate a MediaWiki backend instance in Beta Cluster for security scanning
- No longer hiring for Automation Engineer because we lost our req :(
- Blocking: none
- Blocked: none
- Cassandra woes continuing
- Dynamic directors for varnish
- Finished automation of introducing a new wmf service
- Leap second
- Finished "Day 8" of LiquidThreads -> Flow conversions (250 additional pages)
- Converted all of Wikipedia_talk namespace on Catalan Wikipedia to Flow (except for certain exceptions like subpages); all new pages in this namespace will also be Flow
- Continued preparatory work on search
- Continued work on OOjs UI