Scrum of scrums/2015-06-24
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Release 4.1.5 this morning EDT! No longer crashing on startup in Norway (and potentially other countries).
- Expect beta release today or tomorrow. Production release ~ a week later.
- Tabbed browsing will be feature flagged to beta release only
- No cross team dependencies
- Worked on this past week:
- Refactoring CentralNotice bannerController and the API offered to banners (related to performance improvements and work towards logging a sample of banner history)
- Queuing changes for improved isolation for PCI requirements
- A/B testing data in FR dashboard
- Upgrade version of wm-core on payments wiki
- Tweaks, details and minor bugfixes: Astropay, Global Collect, CIVI, popups and layout on payment
- Next week: more of the same + some FR dash features
- No blockers, no known blocking coming up
- Wikihiero review done, WikibaseQuality in progress
- T101739 finished, thanks ops!
- New security bug process documented - https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/How_to_deploy_code#Security_patches
- Blocking: none
- Blockers: none
- New team member: Bob Flagg, Relevancy Engineer
- Incoming team member: Mikhail Popov
- Brainstorming improving responses to future Elastic problems
- Brainstorming plans for Q1 goal: reducing "zero search results" (or "recall") rates
- Blocking: (none)
- Blocked by: (none)
* Thanks to ops for helping us to remove NFS dependencies in Beta Cluster and Integration slaves * Beginning implementation of next gen deployment tooling based on outcomes of deployment working group discussions * Breakthrough on nodepool setup for CI isolation (woot!) * Working on Gerrit/Zuul jobs that will run a subset of browser (end-to-end) tests for MW extensions ** Also new "user factory" feature in MW-Selenium to help with creating account fixtures * Still hiring for Automation Engineer * https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/62416
- New hire - Petr!
- Setting up new RESTBase / Cassandra nodes - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T102015
- hit SSD timeout issues on all new nodes, investigation in progress
- finishing up the quarterly goal - section edit API - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T94890
- Language team - let's talk about basing CXServer on service-runner - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101272
- Blockers: none
- Semantic accuracy in round trip testing now at 99.95%
- All real blockers to LQT->Flow migration on MediaWiki.org have been resolved. We would like ops to look at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101583 so we don't need to worry about luasandbox disappearing, but it's not really a blocker currently.
- Mark as resolved is done
- OOjs UI work continuing
- Only one remaining blocker to putting Flow on a Catalan Wikipedia namespace.
- Short 30 minute Event Logging loss of data while we were testing migration from ZeroMQ to Kafka. We're backfilling the data
- We're auditing Event Logging schemas so we can delete old and unneeded data, have reached out to all the owners
- Big Labs NFS outage last week
- Postmortem live; multiple corrective actions taken
- HTTPS deployment progressing. HSTS at 14d now, optimizing/securing further.
- RESTBase + Cassandra woes (combination of hardware issues & premature/poorly planned upgrades)