Scrum of scrums/2015-06-17
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Greg holds a meeting on Thursdays to surface potentially conflicting deployments. It's helpful if release cards are tagged and put in the right column at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/roadmap/.
- Blocking: none
- Blockers: none
- Discussing labs vs. production for WDQS
- Showcase presented on 6/15
- ElasticSearch outage on 6/15
- Sick; Apologies.
- Responses to https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/198696/ might be delay as Santhosh is on sick leave too.
- parsoid update jobs have been turned off
- deploying 3 new cassandra servers
- new hire starting this week
- Looking to decouple GeoIP cookie parsing from CentralNotice: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T102848
- Still trying to figure out mystery plunge in banner impressions 6/1: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101265
- Andrew Green welcomes input on either of the above
- Astropay: payment notification listener tested, looking at audit files
- Writing CRM imports for more formats
- Hoping to get Redis set up on payments cluster for https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T99017
- Blocking: (none)
- Blocked by: (none)
* Deployment working group formulated some concrete project goals for next quarter * Continuing work on identifying/refactoring/removing flaky tests * Met with TPG yesterday on plan to address testing pain points * Thanks to ops for work on OpenStackManager, allowing us to move forward with nodepool and isolated CI * Still hiring for Automation Engineer * https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/62416
- Nothing significant to report.
- Monday deploy was cancelled because VE was broken in beta cluster.
- salt is apparently broken which affects Parsoid deploy today -- but may have workarounds with help from ops.
- Event Logging looked weird in graphite but the database looks fine, we're investigating
- Pageview API privacy discussions underway
- Progress on moving EL to kafka
- Blocking: none
- Blocked: none
- python-etcd ready
- Weird salt bug, blocking parsoid deploy. Will be fixed before deploy time
- etherpad moved to etherpad1001 Jessie VM
- working on citoid bug (thanks marko!)
- T99941 - Ops working on it, thanks!
- I'm working on mobile centralauth patch
- Getting close to running Android tests on emulator in Jenkins
- Going to ask ops to get mobileapps node.js service to be deployed to SCA (using Parsoid HTML output), sending request next couple of days: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/RESTBase_services_for_apps
- Let user choose Chinese language dialect
- Added tabbed browsing
- Almost done OOjs UI TOC and 'Mark as resolved'
- Continuing work on blockers to LQT->Flow conversion
- Continuing work on blockers to deploying Flow to a whole namespace on Catalan Wikipedia