Scrum of scrums/2015-06-03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What has your team done since we last met?
- rolled out usage tracking and arbitrary access to more wikis. going well.
- What will your team do before we meet again?
- code review of the Wikidata Quality extensions that were created by a team of students that worked with us. needs to go live soon.
- Is anything slowing your team down or getting in their way?
- Are you about to put something in another team’s way?
- Continued LQT -> Flow conversion on MediaWiki.org. Problem with notifications has been resolved and deployed, and four additional pages have been converted to Flow
- Continued work on converting parts of Flow to OO UI
- Added OAuth support to Flow
- Apologies; Sick kid.
- Automatic Wikidata link!
- cxserver will use logstash. In near future, moving to service runner (T101272)
- Deployed in more wikis!
- Marko is checking why https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/213840 doesn't log to logstash-beta (and also why restbase doing same..)
- Deployed subst: support in the Parsoid API on Monday -- VE can now use it to provide PST support for editors.
- Nothing more to report -- no blockers.
- Testing Astropay integration in production
- Queue refactor continues, switching from Memcache to Redis for pseudo-FIFO
- CentralNotice mixins work continues
- Internal dashboard new features work picking up again
Search & Discovery
- Blocking https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/
- Concerns about EventLogging capacity, but we need to figure out our criteria first
- Blocked by:
- Ongoing work (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Search_Team/Meeting_minutes/2015-06-01#Checkins)
- EventLogging for Wikipedia Portal
- Defining metrics for search quality
- Maps: hardware, queries, conference
- Need access to an up to date db server, ops knows about this (blocker task above)
- Hiring and budget
- Wikidata query service enhancements
- CirrusSearch enhancements
- Working on an Intermediate hourly pageview aggregate, we will base the pageview API on this
- Trying to get a really good idea of EL capacity, blocked a bit on getting a machine similar to eventlog1001.eqiad.wmnet to test on
- Blocked: none
- Blockers: none
- Deployment working group
- Working with Reading on fixing browser tests
- Many changes in team process (thanks for the offsite TPG!)
- Regular pairings within team to diffuse siloed knowledge
- Sharing the load of triage on a team that has no budget for PMs (or anyone for that matter) :/
- Will hopefully yield a team where any one member is more responsive to other team needs (CI, QA, deployment, etc.)
- Nothing to report this week
- Hackathon + Team off-site
- Parsoid v1 API update jobs turning off: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T93291
- Mathoid: we'd need some kind of browser-rendering tests
- Blocked on services:
Graphoid is waiting on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101093
- Not much to report since last week
- Blocking: Maps - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101233
- Blocked by: Noone
- We need some way to mark tests that are failing but who's fix is going to take a long time to reduce noise - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101062
- Beta labs caching differences from production https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T99096
- Reviews: Wikidata Quality extensions are in progress
- Ops: I need help with T94570