Scrum of scrums/2015-05-27
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Attended the Hackathon and did fancy stuff - http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Status_updates/2015_05_23
- Arbitrary access has been deployed to envoyage, fawiki, huwiki
- SPARQL endpoint (thank you Stas!!) - https://wdqs-beta.wmflabs.org/
- Blocked by
- Conversations about the etcd cluster in eqiad
- Scaling puppetmasters @ EQIAD
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T97638 done (awaiting feedback)
- Blocked by
Search and discovery
- No blockers
- Nothing blocked: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/
- API docs (WDQS)
- Metrics (dashboard, logging)
- Early-stage analytics (usage, performance)
- Bug fixing and improvements (WDQS, Cirrus, metrics dashboard)
- Maps/graphs hardware quest https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T97638
- CX work continue, deployments continue:
- Reaching 4000 articles mark!
- Who can look into broken tags filter? See: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T100439
- More code cleanup work last week -- we've done a lot of that this quarter.
- Spent half a day last week updating Parsoid docs -- work-in-progress.
- Heads-up: we would like to start deprecating the Parsoid v1 API -- Scott is working to get VE and VirtualRestService to use Parsoid v2 API only.
- subst: support for translclusions has landed in the Parsoid API (both v1 & v2) -- will get deployed today. VE and other editing clients could use this API support to implement PSTs.
- After some more work on the roundtrip testing script to eliminate false positive semantic error reports, at this point, 99.93% of pages roundtrip correctly without any semantic diffs. A large fraction of the remaining 0.07% diffs are because of broken wikitext. So, we are close to being done with the toughest part of the long-tail in roundtripping wikitext, and can now once again focus on rendering accuracy so that Parsoid HTML can be the default read HTML.
- Working on releasing 4.1.4
- Had good discussions about apps CI at hackathon, will follow up w/ next steps soon
- Jon Robson working with Gilles on performance improvements
- Hackathon cleaned up some quirks
- What's the plan for translation in Mustache? https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T97149
- Cache refactor continues
- CentralNotice mixins
- Donation form error display
- Starting on internal dashboard a/b testing results
- Event Logging more stable now after last patch, no problems since deployment
- Team focusing on the Pageview API, Uniques, and moving Event Logging to Kafka
- Dashiki refactor improves modularity and adds a clean build system