Scrum of scrums/2015-03-11
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Facilitating: Grace Gellerman
- Event Logging validation: events larger than ~ 1100 bytes are not getting through varnish. We will change client code to raise an exception for such events, please be aware going forward.
- Event Logging backfilling for data lost at the beginning of February is complete. Please re-run any analysis for that period.
- Dashboard problems since Feb 19th are fixed. Some graphs still appear broken, ping milimetric if needed
- SoS notes: if Dan is not around, could someone else take care of it?
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90606 Avoid cache fragmenting URLs for Share a Fact shares: we're set on the name and value format of the query parameter, now we just need to update the apps and submit a VCL patch
- Production releases coming at the end of the month on both Android and iOS. Let us know if any strangeness observed in logs.
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90228 ("Investigate building a Node.js service for mobile apps content") is coming along nicely (update at https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mobile-l/2015-March/008695.html). https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T87824 ("Create specialised content API for mobile apps ") looks like it will be an achievable task with this preliminary work.
- AuthManager RfC <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/AuthManager> reviewed; team working on more details
- Brad started a skeleton implementation of the public API <https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/195297>
- Nik working on SPARQL updates for BlazeGraph
- Stas working on RDF/RDR generation for Wikidata
- Aaron updated RfC for multi-DC <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Master_%26_slave_datacenter_strategy_for_MediaWiki> with deployment plans
- Asking for feedback from interested parties, especially Ops and MediaWiki experts
- Kunal running scripts to determine users to be renamed in SUL finalization
- Brad making progress on ApiResult and ApiFormatXml changes <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T76728>
- Finishing fix for the last bug (T85848) before the next release / publishing the iSec report
- Finished review of statsd-php client
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89088 <-- blocked on Ori. Someone bother him for us?
- Sentry blocked on puppet and packaging, but tgr can do it if releng is busy.
- Timo working on Sentry blocker that is in MW-core. Thanks Timo.
- OOUI updated for our work on PDF file warnings, thanks to Roan and Trevor and James for being helpful.
- Browser tests involving overlays are failing for Chrome because of what seems to be a Selenium bug, affecting MobileFrontend, Echo, VisualEditor at least. We're working on getting those tests passing again in Jenkins.
- Card wall "Continuous integration - CiviCRM" Is this still blocked? Nope! Great, I removed the "Blocked-on-RelEng> tag.
- Card wall "Create basic puppet role for Sentry" is marked blocked on RelEng but only because RelEng wants to keep current on the issue.
- Nothing major to report in terms of blockers.
- Continued to whittle away at VE Q3 blocker bugs. Several fixes being deployed today.
- Q4 planning in progress.
- Finished code changes for ContentTranslation for the parsoid ref format change
- Not much progress on Translate page translation issue (we have been busy)
- Good progress towards CiviCRM CI
- PCI compliance paperwork
- Deploying some of the bigger DonationInterface refactoring
- CentralNotice: got a plan for moving banner js to reviewed RL modules
- Zero blokced - needs all traffic tagged - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89177
- Client-side HTML templating in core - stalled due to disagreement
- OOjs UI and MediaWiki UI syncing - making progress
- RESTBase announced, yey
- Talking to Mobile Apps for their service, should try a deployment soon
- Integration with VE on its way (just some some minor config changes to deploy left)
- Citoid moving forward, should be in prod very soon