Scrum of scrums/2015-02-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Facilitating: Grace Gellerman
- What has your team done since we last met?
- enabled access to interwiki links via Wikidata for Wikibooks
- worked further on UI redesign
- support for query development
- meetup with Query team in Berlin
- What will your team do before we meet again?
- more for UI redesign
- Wikidata Vagrant improvements
- Further working on unit support
- Is anything slowing your team down or getting in their way?
- More work on re-enabling Logstash on prod cluster; config patch currently blocked on review
- WQS team visited Wikidata in Berlin
- WQS closing in on selecting a new backend solution
- GlobalUserPage deployed to all wikis
- utfnormal being extracted as a Composer managed library by Kunal with help from Brion
AuthStackAuthManager RfC being worked on; hope to announce on wikitech-l this week
- Progress continues on Multi-DC project
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90228 Investigate building a Node.js service for mobile apps content: this is a simpler spike. We met with Services. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T87824 is now dependent on this, and has been removed from the SoS board as it would come later.
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90606 Avoid cache fragmenting URLs for Share a Fact shares: Adam B emailed Brandon and Faidon
- VE performance work proceeding
- Parsoid is fixing bugs, Alexandros is working no Zotero, all moving forward
- Roan in Europe the next 2 weeks
- James F in NYC tomorrow and Friday
- Timing stats enabled in production for Parsoid for the wt2html and html2wt api endpoints. Nothing unexpected showing up.
- Parsoid can now handle one more (last one?) unspported templated table-cell scenarios that were an uneasy fit with HTML DOM semantics ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88495 ) -- change deployed Monday, Feb 23rd.
- Next Monday (March 2), we will push a change to production that changes the DOM spec for <ref> tags ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88290 , Unmerged patch: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/191593/ ). Announcement made on wikitext-l. VE will be deploying changes this week to accept new output. Content translation: please confirm that you are aware of and can handle this change.
- Need some help from Core on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89180 (Aaron said he would be looking at this issue this week --bd808)
- Patch to review is https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/192480/
- Otherwise working on Hackathon, long-term projects and one-off stuff.
- Note: Chris will be on vacation next week, Dan Duvall (marxarelli) will be here for RelEng/QA
- PCI consultant in till tomorrow snooping for improper treatment of credit card info
- Usual FR stuff
- processor planning
- internal dash
- DonationInterface cleanup
- trying to reduce impact of CentralNotice: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1fVRy6Qu9lejEQd75ww7n6piTRDQx0d_lzg82J_v-_Jc/edit?usp=sharing
- Awight getting antsy about CI for CiviCRM ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T78100 and its chain of blocked-by tasks)
- No blockers as far as I know
- Sentry work continues
- New UW browser tests pretty much all merged and set to go; very exciting; thanks Chris
- Need multimedia input on T89745 / T89744 (blockers for the next release), T90300 as there's time
- T78730 is in progress; will return to Aphlict soon for release eng
- T76986 RESTBase production hardware - 5 of 6 ready - moving along - one faulty controller
- T76308 Zotero not running in production - Alex says he will have time this week it has moved along but not very fast
- codfw mediawiki installations
- SSL optimization/changes
- T54728 Need performance review of Special:SupportedLanguages
- T88538 Index change for CX, added tracker bug, unclear how the process goes from that
- We are going to experiment. We are planning to show invite to try CX when users are creating new articles.
- RESTBase is live!: https://rest.wikimedia.org/en.wikipedia.org/v1/?doc
- about 40% smaller raw HTML, storage space for all pages & different content types
- currently finalizing testing / setting up change tracking / adding the other hundreds wikis, prod announcement to follow likely end of this week
- helping with virtual rest service integration in MW core, so that VE, mobile & others can start hitting it
- Service infrastructure: Announced https://github.com/wikimedia/service-runner and working with apps team on https://github.com/wikimedia/service-template-node
- Looking into generic puppet module / packaging: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89901, https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89900, https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88585
- Helping Yuri with graphoid deployment (also some citoid) -- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90487
- Server-side HTML templates in core
- Client-side HTML templates stalled in review
- More WikiGrok and Collections work
- Hoping to hear about WDQS updates
- Still need Bug T88449 fixed (button styles differ between OOjs UI and mediawiki UI)
- Graphoid service implemented and ready to be puppetized/prod-deployed https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90487
- Requested Analytics to create a public API or static URL to get pageview counts per country per language per (desktop|mobile) per (wikipedia|wikinews|...) -- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90759
- VE analysis continues, failure type graph shows responseUnknown errors: https://edit-analysis.wmflabs.org/adhoc.html#ve-failures.tsv
- Event Logging backfilling continues, slowly but surely
- Started work on Uniques - need some help with VCL, meeting with bblack on Friday but sooner is better