Scrum of scrums/2015-01-14
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Facilitating: Grace Gellerman
What has your team done since we last met?
- Deployment of new Sitelinks UI
- Tried to roll-out usage tracking but decided not to enable it yet because of issues. Will try again with next deployment.
- Provided input for the WMF Query-Team on requirements and data-model for query backend.
What will your team do before we meet again?
- Second try rolling out usage tracking
- UI-redesign of header area
- Further work on how to indicate that a label is coming from a language fallback
- Further support of query-team
Is anything slowing your team down or getting in their way?
- Patch for making hover cards work on Wikidata is stalled: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/150731/
- ULS and “compact-personal-bar”- beta feature issue on Wikidata: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T85541 - it is unclear for us who is maintaining compact-personal-bar and if it is going to be fixed by them
- data for most metrics and projects is now available in Vital Signs (labsdb looks healthy again)
- new columnar-stored table of the webrequest logs available on Hadoop, improves the performance of some queries ten-fold (the less columns you need the better)
- holding Event Logging office hours today and a workshop during Mediawiki Developer Summit
- Sentry is now vagrantized, so that's a big start towards puppetizing it for beta.
- Decent testing for UploadWizard exists, more on the way
- Performance testing revealed that chaining and prerendering thumbnails basically did nothing, so we turned them off.
- Content Translation in process of being deployed to selected language Wikipedias! (11-12 PST)
- Doing an initial "dark launch" today to test for any production related issues
- Will make a formal announcement later in the week
- HUGE thanks to Chris Steipp for his security review (very fast, very thorough)
- HUGE thanks to Alex for all his help with production setup
- HUGE thanks to Greg and Reedy for deployment help
- HUGE thanks to Dan for dashboard setup
- HUGE thanks to Subbu, et. al for Parsoid (just in general)
- Nothing blocking at the moment; not blocking anyone
- T78730 - I'll be getting to that soon
- Reviews: ContentTranslation done, Aphlict review next
- Security recommendations for new services - Your input welcome! (T86049)
- We're hiring!
- Helped with security review for content translation (that uses Parsoid content)
- Parsoid now gets its default supported (wmf) wikis via the sitematrix api call -- will be deployed today
- Any final reviews for cite css customization patch https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/170936/ are welcome -- now pushing to get that finalized and deployed in coming weeks
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/173834/ is getting close to being merged -- this will ensure that a set of pages that don't render properly in Parsoid will now be.
- T76986 RESTBase production hardware
- HW procurement: order out, waiting for hw delivery
- T70751 Update wikitech wiki with deployment train
- status still unknown
- WikiGrok test for readers running this week (16% of all users) - not pushing data to Wikidata yet, working with Analytics on data
- Waiting on Flow team (MattF) to test lightncandy 0.18 before adding to core (already security reviewed). Hoping to have in place before dev summit.
- Nik working on indexing solutions for new Wikidata Query service
- nothing blocking
- Zuul has been down a lot, exising problems' frequency increasing, and new problems arising.
- we're looking into fixes, including upstream patches
- In the meantime we're getting more people access to gallium to do restarts, remove file locks and stuff
- preparing for All Hands
- Refactoring DonationInterface
- Trying to get tests running on each CRM commit: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T86374
- Internal Dashboard persistence
- Parsing new audit file formats
- CentralNotice history log brainstorming
- Nothing blocking
- Organizing around performance improvements and critical features for Q4 broad deployment
- Will need analytics support to evaluate some initial metrics for performance and usage of VisualEditor, talk to James F for details
- Flow is blocking integration of templating into MediaWiki core https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T75440
- Integrating OOjs UI as HTMLForm backend
- Finished Flow Table of Contents and merged into master
- Almost finished search work
- Following up with release engineering team about Parsoid testing
- Dependencies mostly on ops (public entry point, hw)
- Parsoid integration pretty much done & well tested
- Using HW delay to squeeze in a nice RESTBase refactor to make it really easy to add new entry points with Swagger specs only
- Deployment ETA: early February
- Looking forward to lots of SOA discussions at dev summit
- PoolCounter daemon change deployed
- Memcached/TitleBlacklist debugging ongoing - unix sockets are being tried
- HHVM hashing memory leak fix by Brett needs deployment?
- Patch to re-enable hot profiler for dev use (Ori has a good idea for avoiding DoS)