Scrum of scrums/2014-12-31
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Facilitating: Grace Gellerman
- Kunal has started a first pass at reviewing Yuvi's whitelist/greylist changes as requested in phab:T78730
- This will probably need input from various extension authors as well to ensure that no sensitive data is leaked into labs
- RFC draft published on "Guidelines for extracting, publishing and managing libraries" Requests_for_comment/Guidelines_for_extracting,_publishing_and_managing_libraries
- Monolog logging config patches will be rolling out further next week or the week following; have been waiting on holiday freeze to end
- Q3 work for team will focus on Wikidata query service and authn/authz stack
- Doing refactoring and documentation.
- Labs: Apropos of Coren's message to labs-l https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2014-December/003226.html it would be preferable to do this Thu/Fri instead of Tue/Wed. People do a lot of pre-deploy testing on beta labs early in the week.
- Labs DNS server is going haywire and causing errors all over beta cluster. I think we need Coren and/or Yuvi to sort it out though. It can wait, but it is very noisy.
- Question for Flow: it would be nice if you could merge these: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/180213/ https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/180879/ They're straightforward but Chris is not comfortable self-merging them.
- Both merged, thanks
- T48811 is close to being resolved -- patch in place awaiting review from Parsoid team members once they are back from vacation. This is the last big blocker for Parsoid HTML read views besides cite customizaiton support -- that patch is also awaiting final reviews.
- Nothing more to report besides that -- it has been a quiet week around here.
- tried to use the Phabricator sprint feature, it times out https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/sprint/view/947/
- we were bitten by turning off jQuery migrate, had to do Xmas eve backport (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/181753 ), Matt Flaschen checking other extensions owned by the team
- need $wgContentHandlerUseDB in January, working on e-mail and a plan
- T78172 Language-aware redirects for mdot webroot in general: Adam emailed (proprietary) stats to the internal email@example.com list, but won't be pursuing this further starting in the new year
- T76626 HTTPS-to-HTTP downgrade option interstitial for external Referers via Varnish: solution arrived at, extension code being written, Ops working on schedule
- Adam is switching teams
- Main ops dependencies: hardware T76986, public entry point T78194 (see ops list)
- domain for deploy is a bikeshedding opportunity! Add your opinion in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T78194
- Refactoring restbase route registration (T76883); will make adding more entry points quite a bit easier