Scrum of scrums/2014-12-03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Facilitating: Andrew Otto
- Deployed fix for template expansion with older MW versions.
- Deployment today: Fixes to v2 API endpoint, fix to API v2 ids leaking into v1 API.
- Need CSS help on Cite CSS patch, more info at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T51538
- Working with product and analytics on defining metrics and targets for CX beta feature deployment
- Work on adding cx_ tables to beta wikishared completed; patch for review
- Finalizing features and stabilizing release for beta feature deployment in January
- Release last Wed:
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:CSteipp_(WMF)/SecurityRelease_1.23.7 for the details
- One patch didn't make it into the release, so still patched on the cluster.
- Review of kafkatee and Phabricator Sprint done, Aphlict (phab) and Plancake next
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/177152/ (<- someone in ops)
- CSteipp ooo Dec 16-31
- ContentHandler stlll blocked on us?
- T1223 Unified diff on mobile - Is this still valid
spage Can't attend, first standup on Phabricator
- still working on TOC
- need wgContentHandlerUseDB in late December, haven't followed up with csteipp
- David Chan visiting SF until Dec 14, working on IME support with Roan
- No particularly exciting things happened in wmf11
- Exciting things will happen in wmf12: IME support improvements, find and replace
- Roan working with Ori on JS gateway for statsd
- Helping people with dashboarding (you're next!) - some basic documentation coming soon
- Event logging outages and matching reports available for those interested. All sent via email already, but just in case you didn't hear
- Data Warehouse progress is good, will not be making it available in labs right away though
- We are working around labsdb problems - so it's no longer a problem for us in the short term
- HHVM 100% of non-API requests; API underway blocked on T758
- LabsDB issues (T76075) - in progress
- BZ leftovers (mainly handling of security tickets)
- service level discussion, T76446
- RT migration to come next
- T1228 Restbase - in progress(?)
- T1254 CX Databases- in progress(?) -- Is this still an ops task?
- T67683 - deployment cache purge
- Need to ping bblack
- T76086 - labs deployment-prep ldap user for NFS4
- In progress, Andrew Bogott did somethign, need to check if it works.
- Whole team in SF this week
- Souping up internal dashboard
- Watching the money roll in, scrutinizing load and logs
- Started full-strength campaigns Tuesday. $3.5M raised in December so far.
- Watching CentralNotice closely
- Minor updates to mailing list data, payment forms, and reporting
- GeoIP issues Monday? saw incorrect lookups from HHVM and from Varnish, but Varnish seems correct now
- Updated FundraiserLandingPage and LandingCheck to rely on cookie from Varnish
- Need some assistance:
- refactoring MobileFrontend tests
- fixing linting errors everywhere
- training people to write browser test
- Experimenting with pulling data and images from Wikidata
- Concluded WikiGrok A/B test in Beta mode
- Planning to conduct some limited testing in stable mode next week
- Nik's Wikidata Query team is working on testing graph databases
- Talking with Analytics about replacing limn for dashboards
- Still having problems with Beta Labs outages/instability
- Done: Deployed Accept-Language aware redirects to mdot for Wikipedia Zero users
- Yuri to add X-Analytics logging across sister projects and desktop
- T76626: HTTPS-to-HTTP downgrade option interstitial for external Referers via Varnish upcoming
- need ops help with https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T76313 (Alex?)
- testing by dumping all of enwiki
- discovered some bugs in Parsoid v2 API, working with Parsoid team on integration
- improving logging & fixing graphite metrics
- to follow RESTBase architecture discussions, watch restbase-architecture: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/watch/837/ (maybe https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/restbase-architecture/ ?)
- OCG security issue basically resolved: writer param sanitized, apparmor enforced; would be great to do another security review pass
- Working on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikidata-query-service/ (also watch if you'd like to follow)
- SHA-1 patch is ACTUALLY HAPPENING THIS WEEK. Or Gilles will have to answer to ME.
- UploadWizard was throwing fake stash errors for about two weeks, apparently nobody noticed, it's fixed now.
- We're shifting away from other projects to seriously focus on UploadWizard now, so...yeah.
- Also, Commons is using chained thumbnails now, and apparently nothing is broken *knocks on wood* so that will continue being awesome and hopefully faster!
- We're thinking about bringing OOUI into UW a little bit, but it's not quite ready yet...VE team, watch out, I'll be coming for you soonish.