Scrum of scrums/2014-10-08
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Team worked on fixing bugs and release planning last week
- Kicked off sprint 76 and CX release 02 this morning
- Plan to update CLDR Plural rules in core this sprint
- Kartik working with Alex Koslaris on deployment of CX release 01 (packaging and puppetization)
- Following patch needs review by Ops (Alex): https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/157787/
- Changed #137 back to In Progress from Done.
- Had our QR on Friday, good portion of our time last week was spend on that.
- Some code cleanup -- moving to promises API.
- Will be doing some planning this week for next quarter tasks, but starting work integrating with RESTBase.
- Dealing with quirks in France donations
- Preparing annual report stats, about to hook up dashboard to CRM for auth
- Using newly-decoupled bits of DonationInterface under Drupal
- Got some great git tips from Christian Aistleitner via Dan Andreescu and found many fewer suspected self-merges
- git log --show-notes=review includes all the code reviews!
- Work continues on a few minor improvements to media viewer
- Switching to UploadWizard stuff soon - chunked uploads and stash to be fixed, Firefogg support probably the first step
- Prerendering thumbnails is going out soon (TM)
- #141 still in progress AFAIK, Aaron needs to run a script - update: DONE! Thanks Aaron.
Partners & Zero
- #145 - Make Android Wikipedia Zero croutons have per-operator colors - will ask for code review once we do this
- #146 - Lua integration for Partners Portal - Yuri's getting reviews and consenus
- Not a lot of progress on restbase code (QRs)
- Presented on restbase at metrics: 
- Getting ready for deploy:
- Mathoid deployed & operational; next step: double-check client-side rendering & performance; enable in production as an optional rendering mode
- Citoid deployment: Roan (still blocked on ops)
- OCG / PDF rendering: in production, Scott iterating & fixing. Bug day today (2014-10-08). Steady trickle of OTRS feedback.
- HHVM now serving 1% of reader traffic
- Tampa servers are being cleaned out and deracked this week.
- Waiting for new elasticsearch servers to come in, should be in the week of the 20th sometime
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/ is up! Register an account please!
- RT->Phabricator migration in progress (both RT and Bugzilla migration are "Day 1" for Phabricator)
- "undefined" pageviews - reporting and fixing webstats collector
- trying out the Pentaho stack in labs
- exploring Hadoop Streaming (lets people execute python on streams of data from HDFS)
- we're here to help with SQL! Do NOT bang your head into your desk
Nothing much to report,
- patches to use OOJS, changes to hide/delete/suppress topics
- still working on Cirrus search in a board
- cache issues, we occasionally have topics in cache that aren't in DB so we run a purge script.
- #142 (Citoid deployment) moved a little bit, still waiting on Alex K. He said he'd work on it today or tomorrow
- Nothing much going on, breaking things at the regular pace. Probably landing a big scary change on Thursday
- #80 - Nik says language should be working on it?
- Wikidata issues
- HHVM to anons going well so far
- SUL work finishing up
- extension patches announcement today
- doing internal refactoring, no cross-team issues expected
- (though we are interested in better template styling RfC)
- Onboarding Sam and RobM (lots of bug fixes)
- Work on mediawiki-ui standardization
- Continuing development on WikiGrok
- Cross-team dependencies against Wikidata
- Need a new QA environment (beta labs unreliable) (card 147: https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/147 )