Scrum of scrums/2014-09-17
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Multimedia grappling with mediawiki-ui and oojs-ui issues - they need help!
- Tampa datacenter shutting down in Oct (see emails from Ops)
- Language team's content translation deployment currently blocked by Ops, mtg to unblock scheduled
- Editing team encountered issues with VE page corruption, likely many pages affected on big non-English wikis
- Fr-tech is updating CentralNotice
- Services needs ops support around deploying RESTBase
- Fabrice is vacationing for a wedding until Tuesday, Eloquence is our PM in the meantime
- Metrics improvements pretty much set, ty milimetric
- Prerendering of thumbnails is coming to a theatre near you Real Soon Now - only for new images, though, because there's some issue about tall vs. wide images.
- Ori is going to be a dear and review ImageMetrics, so I marked it "scheduled" (card 136)
- Why do we only keep Swift logs for only a week? We'd like to debug the outage...
- More media viewer UI fixes coming your way, should minimize the drama...sorta
- mediawiki-ui issues...using the button classes on my "more details" button screwed it up, would love some help debugging.
- aaaand oojs-ui issues. Maybe not seeing 'choose' events when an InlineMenuWidget changes.
- https://metrics.wmflabs.org/static/public/dash/ released as a first draft of the Vital Signs dashboard
- #127 Elasticsearch hardware testing done. Now moving forward with procurement, waiting on quote for new SSDs in current machines.
- Heira support will soon be merged into production operations/puppet
- Just another reminder, Tampa datacenter will be shut down in October.
- wrapping up hiring for QA Tester position
- MobileFrontend test refactoring
- Echo and Flow test refactoring
- setting up Meetup for Oct 22 apropos of Quarterly Review feedback
- wrangling old docs on mw.o
- wrangling new builds in Jenkins with jjb
- Rummana and Chris available for MMV if you need eyeballs and browsers
- Program note: Chris will not be available for much of October.
- Card 119 still in progress, worked on by D Duvall, currently low priority
- Fixing and polishing Echo alerts/notifications, had several unscheduled deploys
- We have an implementation of simple mw.ui dialog, and a spec for a full-featured one. Shahyar Ghobadpour will send mail to design list.
- beta labs more stable
- Finished Sprint 74 (Content Translation)
- Link adaptation, source attribution, logging
- Additional languages in labs, performance, MT abuse detection
- Unit tests for cxserver
- Research for minimal text styling support
- MediaWiki localization fixes and Translate bugs
- Started Sprint 75 (Content Translation)
- UI Enhancements: cursor positioning, minimal text styling
- Performance: client-side request caching, section heading preloading
- Logging: publishing failure errors
- Analytics (published articles): reporting, visualization (stretch)
- Testing: enable automated unit tests, GWT tests
- Deployment: BLOCKED enable es<->ca translation (both directions) on beta
- Content Translation deployment currently blocked by Ops
- Alolita and Kartik meeting with Ops tomorrow
- Ops Team: Please read deployment plan before meeting tomorrow
- Analytics Team: may request help with EL schema review
- Analytics Team: advice on visualization tools
- iOS bug with 'debug=true' in ResourceLoader call should be resolved with this Tuesday's update
- One more iOS fix in queue to resolve iPhone 6 resolution issues
- Fun issues yesterday with VE page corruption in IE and Firefox
- Worked around browser bugs in VE; Parsoid bugs still outstanding
- Probably many pages affected on big non-English wikis, still figuring out cleanup strategy
- Ed in SF until tomorrow, Timo in SF until Oct 4
- Roan working on Citoid puppetization because Services doesn't have time
- Generalize payment reconciliation
- CiviCRM continuous integration
- Exchange rate update
- FR stats dash now has some db filters hooked up
- CentralNotice updates ready to deploy: unarchive campaigns, list which campaigns a banner is used in
- Upgrading payments wiki from 1.22
- sca cluster ('services cluster a') ready (thanks Alex!) -- next steps:
- deploy mathoid (Gabriel)
- puppetize & deploy citoid (Roan)
- Hardik continues work on secondary indexes
- Front-end being refactored (Gabriel)
- shooting for ready-for-deploy by end of this month
- OCG / PDF rendering: Sprint to fix issues led by Scott with help by Arlo & Gabriel
- most major crashers fixed, some remaining but look tractable
- should be ready for October 1st Tampa shutdown
- preparing for RESTBase deploy, likely using current test boxes (xenon, praseodymium, cerium) as they have ssds
- chase might help
- will need to reimage, install with puppet
- RT ticket forthcoming
(Timo first time attending)
- New pool of Trusty-based Jenkins slaves for running tests in node 0.10. They're opt-in for Jenkins jobs at the moment. Editing team projects and Parsoid have expressed interest. Others to follow.
With (some of) production running nodejs 0.8 still, projects running server-side should (also) stay integrated under node 0.8.
- CSSJanus is being made into a standalone project.
It was already untangled from MediaWiki code-wise but still maintained in mediawiki-core with no versioninig or releases. We're moving node-cssjanus, php-cssjanus and python-cssjanus into new repositories and sync their implementations to reach bugfix/feature/API parity.