Scrum of scrums/2014-08-20
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable action items
- Elasticsearch hardware acquisition RT ticket needs some poking to get moving
- Security waiting on QA for setting proxy in selenium tests
- Token handling changes in core coming soon (see anomie's email)
- Team is working on second release of ContentTranslation.
- #80: Niklas still on vacation :)
- No dependencies.
- Focus continues to be eliminating diffs between Parsoid and PHP parser rendering.
- Tidy support has been added to parser tests -- merged into core during wikimania, Scott will work on adding that to Parsoid this week
- Ramp up work again this week after wikimania, vacation, etc.
- Team-member status: Subbu was away on vacation last week, Marc sick this week, Scott getting back to Parsoid hacking this week
- UploadWizard refactoring is chugging along, but nothing affecting other teams yet
- Could use some input from milimetric on one of our cards...
- Zeljko on vacation
- Greg on vacation
- Emily (hiring recruiter) on vacation
- Quarterly review next week
- Added browser tests for Cite UI in VE
- Added Jenkins job for new Echo browser tests
- Planning big projects for next quarter: improve Jenkins performance and more better test environments
- Specifically, the load on the Jenkins hosts is high enough that Selenium client processes get stuck for 90+ seconds at a time. After 90 seconds with no instructions from Selenium, Sauce destroys the VM, causing a false test failure.
- Dallas datacenter links up, Mark working on network config, hope to be able to start bringing servers up in a week or two.
- # 119 production phabricator
- Chase is working with Mukunda. Greg should know about how this is going?
- Greg is on vacation. I (Chris) talked to Mukunda yesterday, he seems to be concentrating on planning the bugzilla migration over deploying Phabricator to prod. (Unless one is prereq for the other)
- If you are curious about this mythical phabricator thing, this is how it's going:
- # 85 Public Debian Repo
- From Filipo: Code review out, need to test.
- # 127 Elasticsearch hardware
- This ticket needs some love. https://rt.wikimedia.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=8071
- Will try to get ops folks to get it moving.
- nothing to report
- For card #131 (using new API), we think our work on the card is done and Yuri is handling the rest of the work. So I'll close the card.
- HHVM progressing - see ori's email
- Token handling change comming - see Brad's email
- reviews for Fundraising and Zero done.
- Will be getting to Wikibase query engine soonish
- Waiting on qa for setting proxy in selenium tests
- Finishing up our first round of recommendations.
- Completing our first browser tests.
- no external dependencies
- team members struggling with Vagrant running really slow
- mobile VE in production for a week now (on Wikipedias), nothing bad happened, not many users since its not default
- No cards, yay!
- Timo on vacation until tomorrow