Scrum of scrums/2014-07-23
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable action items
- Multimedia needs review from Bryan or Ori for Commons Vagrant patch 
- Zero needs Analytics to start using new API 
- ECT is requesting OPS review of some RFC, and most notably requesting ops representation at today's RFC mtg (23 July, 2014) 
- Analytics needs Platform support on CORS whitelisting for EE dashboard 
- Editing and Parsoid to sync up on weird VE errors occurring on officewiki 
- Growth needs review on a mediawiki.ui patch
- Refactoring is happening on UploadWizard. So much refactoring. And testing!
- Final steps for media viewer are being evaluated; nothing concrete yet, but config changes may still happen. Also working with analytics on a new research methodology.
- 125 pre-rendering thumbnails - I think we got our ops response, so mark it as done. The beta cluster is broken in many varied ways now, though, so we're blocked from testing it...womp womp. I hear people are working on that.
- Waiting on Ori or Bryan to review the Commons Vagrant patch. Would be cool to get this done before Wikimania :)
- Code for mass visual diff testing is ready, tested locally -- but we'll hold out deploying it till some obvious rendering diffs are fixed first -- to avoid wasting time sifting through noise.
- We are going to start working on css-based customization of citation rendering -- discussion and strategizing over the last week.
- Reduced team resources last week with Scott in PDF land (in a sprint to get things done there with Matt leaving), Arlo travelling and not yet full time.
- Whole team in Mallorca starting July 29th for a week before we go to Wikimania.
- #125 - should be unblocked, yes?
- yes, see above
- #85 - is this moving?
- #120 - status update? Beta has HHVM now, yes?
- Had meeting about elasticsearch support
Partners + W0
- #124 MediaViewer - can be closed
- #2 GIFification - no update
- #121 Nested W0 configurations - no update
- #122 Thumbnail downsampling - bug caught by Bernd, fix will be deployed soon
- New card: waiting for analytics to start using Zero API (they know about it, just want to put it into SoS)
Engineering Community Team
Sumana Harihareswara RfCs that are awaiting Ops input:
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Standardized_thumbnails_sizes per the wikitech-l conversation http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/wikitech/480641 -- Multimedia as lead on this
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Composer_managed_libraries_for_use_on_WMF_cluster - Bryan Davis as lead on this
- request for someone from ops to come to RFC mtg today https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_meetings/RFC_review_2014-07-23
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/CentralNotice_Caching_Overhaul_-_Frontend_Proxy - Matt Walker as lead on this, not sure who is leading after Aug 1
- Closed #123
- ContentTranslation for es-ca pair on 'betalabs' was announced last week. We are actively testing it with real community/users.
- Started review of "campaign cohorts" for growth, will be much more responsive to new patchsets there
- Finished prototype for Editor Engagement Vital Signs dashboard, need to talk to someone from platform about the CORS whitelist and whether or not they would allow our domain on there
- talk to brad jorsch
- iOS app scheduled for release July 31, various communications re: both iOS and Android is planned around it
- could lead to another spike in mobile views & editing
- Roan got back from vacation yesterday and has no idea what's going on :)
- We're seeing weird errors from both Parsoid and VE on officewiki, no idea why yet
- roan and subbu to sync up
- #100 should be done with Trevor's rewrite that landed while I was away
- Topic namespace rolling out, seems OK, needed some backports
- browser tests hurt by beta labs instability
- latest "Agora" mw-ui- CSS enhancements may migrate to core
- working hard on squashing HHVM bugs
- rolling out HHVM job servers out 'real soon', hopefully by the end of the month
- SUL finalization features in the works
- Working on our initial experiment on task recommendations.
- Also, we could use review on our button icon patch for core, https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/139368
- #100 done, some styling tweaks to VE dialogs needed (to be handled by the mobile team)
- Tablet VE launch delayed; targeting deployment train immediately after Wikimania