Scrum of scrums/2014-07-16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable action items
- Multimedia still awaiting feedback from Ops on pre-rendiner thumbnails (#125)
- Parsoid/Services continue to be blocked by Ops on debian repo (#85 - reported 4 mos ago)
- Security patches on the cluster - do not overwrite them!
- Mobile web working with QA to improve reliability of automated browser tests (#128)
- Mobile web releasing mobile VisualEditor to stable on enwiki July 31
- 125 pre-rendering thumbnails - hey ops, how's your hardware capacity?
- 126 track media viewer opt-outs - thanks analytics for answering our question, we're set now
- UploadWizard refactoring is going down, and we're starting to use OOJS for class-y stuff. VE, watch out.
- More backend changes to thumbnail rendering are in the pipeline - watch for tests coming down at you at high speeds. (platform, ops) (namely, once Fae has images to upload, we're testing GLAMWikiToolset again)
- More work on visual diffs -- preparing for mass rendering tests
- Bunyan logging support added -- it needs hooking up with gelf/logstash
- More work on Tidy support in parser tests -- scott got pulled away into pdf rendering land
- No blockers on anyone at this time
- Preparing for PDF render, Citoid & mathoid deploys
- perf measurements for PDF renderer
- need to figure out misc services cluster really soon (see ops list)
- also need to figure out a better service deployment solution longer term; hope for ideas from ops
- Rashomon now a backend for RestFace (REST API front-end)
- shooting for alpha deploy by end of this month: need to coordinate with ops on hw
- still hoping for Debian repo progress (ops)
- continuing to work with Parsoid on CSS, storage
- still blocked on #85 (debian repo for parsoid)
- Gerrit linkyfying fix - https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67866
- Packet loss issues on Oxygen and Analytics1003 confirmed to be caused by the spike in interest for the World Cup, Oliver is looking at the sampled logs to get more insight
- Killed Cloudbees Jenkins
- Killed /qa/browsertests repo
- Went on vacation
- Doing maintenance, fixing glitches, adding at least one API call, working on vagrant dev envs, finishing GSoC project, etc.
- No blockers
- Mobile web/QA - bugs, code review
- ULSFO floor move complete.
- #123 has been +1ed by bblack
- #125 Mark is following up
- Hadoop cluster now 100% back online, 770TB reporting!
- Working on getting queryable data back in it
- Otto gave a tech talk on analytics infrastructure: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c53ho5esd0luccd09a1c30rlrmg
- Nothing really new :)
SUL, search -> elastic search but delayed due to hardware reasons (technically blocked by ops on hardware acquisition - #127), HHVM
- Nothing really new :)
- Patches on cluster
- SUL Finalization ongoing
- Tests for CentralAuth
- adds a Topic namespace in 1.24wmf14
- using Parsoid CSS module that's in core (card #84), fixes some image presentation issues!
- pushing mobile VE to stable on July 31
- #100 almost done, final tweaks needed (Trevor and Juliusz meet today)
- automated browser test notifications currently disabled for mobile web team due to consistent failures due to network issues, betalabs/saucelabs issues #128
- Working on new task suggestions based on text similarity (using ElasticSearch)
- GuidedTour and GettingStarted fixes
- Adding icon support to mediawiki.ui
W0 and Partnerships
- #2 GIFification. It's going in. It's functional. We're not yet enabling it for an operator
- #121 Nested configs. It's in. It seems to be working fine for a test operator config. We'll enable it for a real config soon.
- #122 Thumbnail downsampling. It's in. It seems to be working fine for a test operator config. We'll enable it for a real config soon.
- #124 MediaViewer. We put in a hack, so it's good to go from the W0 perspective.
- iOS app submitted, expect release late this month. May spike mobile API usage.
- Still interested in getting maps in the future, status updates on OSM welcome.