Scrum of scrums/2014-05-28
Notable action items
- Platform needs support from Ops unravelling pan-project email issues 
- QA has two hard to repro bugs affecting browser tests, and needs some help figuring them out (maybe from platform and VE respectively?) , 
- New one to add, dependency on Ops (Card #114)
- Email woes https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?bug_id=56414,64795,64818,59731,65860,64441
- some Yahoo/DMARC but not clear if all"
Partners + Wikipedia Zero
- #2 ESI headers or GIFification: RFC posted, comments have come in, Dan Foy to talk to Analytics about approach
- #108 memcahed / httpGet config pull issue: no progress, probably won't look at until next time issue surfaces; bug created at https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65867
- #109 Refreshing bots: Brandon put in another provided patch, and Carolynne Schloeder is emailing with the operator to get a meeting to address their issues; original bug covering symptoms at originally embodied in https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=62848
- #57 Firefox OS exploration: no progress. Max asked about getting rid of dynamic pages on a mailing list, Jon said he'd like to keep.
- #111 resolved, all patches merged, thanks VE team
- Modern/Cologne Blue gone from mw core, but now Preferences for Modern/Cologne Blue gone from beta labs. Need to register them or somehow restore them if they will continue to be legitimate choice in prod.
- talk to Bartosz
- need to merge a maintenance update to Flow tests but Jenkins blocks the merge because tests fail that rely on Parsoid. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/135775/
- low priority, no reliable repro in place and not manifesting right now but still interesting:
- beta labs goes readonly (possibly i18n update bug?) https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65486
- user gets logged out when in VisualEditor upon switch to wikitext editor (token problem?) https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65709
Core features (Flow)
(sorry meeting conflict, can't attend) No new items. Hope to launch new front-end using handlebars/lightncandy templating in 3 weeks,
- templating foundation code is in a shared "Mantle" extension for use by MobileFrontend and Flow
- templating will need security review.
- geosearch solr machines can be decommed and repurposed into more elasticsearch servers: https://rt.wikimedia.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=7575
- Analytics is in the process of re-writing 'Kraken' repository into a new one called 'refinery'.
- Cloudera CDH5 is out, working on puppetizing.
- Alolita and Kartik are pinging people to get feedback for Content Translation (CX) deployment plan
- #80 Haven't work on Translate & ElasticSearch due to travels, some discussion with email going on right now
- working on EventLogging and Wikimetrics, nothing special to report
- discussing truncating data on EventLogging past 90 days, looking for schemas to *NOT* do this to
- s1 slaves are suffering replication lag
Finished the initial experiment on anonymous editor acquisition; finishing up work on non-linear tours. Still waiting for review on getAllStyleFiles patch (#99 on wall)