Scrum of scrums/2014-05-14
Partners / Wikipedia Zero
- #57 Firefox OS Exploraton: no progress from Adam's side
- #2 ESI headers or GIFification
- zero.wikimedia.org private configs now being pulled automatically
- #108 memcached / httpGet config pull: NEW card, there's a (mostly isolated) issue with configs being pulled, may need Platform's help
- #109 Refreshing bots: refreshing bot zombie clones are back. Whack-a-mole, X-Frame-Options, or both?
- The team has agreed on the caching architecture with Gabriel in a meeting in Spain. In this sprint we are implementing this in labs and we'll need ops Gabriel to review that it's something that is a correct step towards production.
- Migration of translation memory to ElasticSearch - Niklas L. is working on it, now on vacation. It's in progress and will need assistance from Nik E., but not immediately.
- replication lag back to normal on s1-analytics-slave db1047
- event logging back to normal
- (not really analytics) in Zurich, halfak made https://github.com/halfak/MediaWiki-OAuth to help python mw oauth integration
- Zeljko out last week and this week for parental leave
- Porting Jenkins jobs to WMF/Sauce is on hold until Z returns
- Big refactor of VE tests to avoid logging and and avoid relying on existing target pages in test env
- Hired new Release Engineer
- New Automation engineer starts in late May
- not much :)
- Yay Mukunda!
- Starting work on a thumbnailing solution that involves chaining...should massively improve performance
- jQuery 1.9 compliance coming up in UW and TMH, possibly pending upstreams
- More media viewer releases for three weeks, then we'll be on by default everywhere unless everything explodes. *knock on wood*
- Something about OOJS and IE8. I blame Krinkle. See #97
- Slow week due to Zurich
- cscott (Parsoid team) in town this week and next, sitting next to Roan. Scott and Roan to work on VE transaction system
- James F in Europe this week
- #87: Ed has written https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/133238/ , just needs review now
- #100: Trevor making slow but steady progress
- #97, #99: Roan to ping Timo, both have been traveling; Timo has been doing jQuery 1.9 stuff
- #84: In progress, somewhat stalled until Moriel's image rewrite lands
- New DC - CODFW
- Design & procurement underway
- More imagescaler issues; multimedia investigating
- On-going expansion of LVS @ esams
- Late this week/early next
- Collaborating with MWCore (Ori) to deploy this
- Error pages w/ Design, Platform - https://trello.com/c/b9yj929t/99-four-oh-fours
- Sync up with mobile
- IPSet MediaWiki patch - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/131758/
Continuing work on anonymous editor acquisition experiment; will probably be deployed tomorrow. Non-linear tours blocked within-team on logging discussions. mw.cookie almost done; will probably be merged this week. No change to inter-team blockers.