Scrum of scrums/2014-04-09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Whoa, a release. Tomorrow, barring disaster. mw.org will have MMV turned on by default, preference exists for opt-out.
- Looking to ops about performance issues still, but nothing terribly blocking for our pilots at least for the next two-ish weeks
- VE: OOJS issue blocking IE<=8 support, plz halp, see #97
- James Forrester has a patch up for review: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/124360
- Fun high-bandwidth conversations in-office about secret breaking changes (and bugs) in OOJS(UI) last week...need a better place for this maybe (announce list?) (maybe I'm just not on it?)
- Wikitech sounds good for this
- Nothing special, really
- #80 - working on search
- Should check with Max about ES
- VE: maintenance for switching edit mode automated test
- Hiring: reviewing candidate tech task
- browsertests: maintenance for small changes to preferences
- turning back on fatals monitor in beta labs post-EQIAD
- lots and lots of MobileFrontend
- Most of Ops team in Athens at Ops Meetup
- In case you haven't heard, there are 3 recent ops hires, say hi!
- Chase (rush)
- Giuseppe (_joe_)
- Filipo (godog)
- Heartbleed vulnerability
- will reset sessions soon, see emails
- stat1 -> stat1003 migration
- most users are migrated over.
- Will turn on base::firewall on stat1003 on Friday.
- still waiting on a few users to respond about bastion access.
- Nik upgraded to 1.1.0 yesterday
- otto to reformat all 16 production elasticsearch nodes soon.
- Largeish deployment tomorrow, VE might break, but then that's not very different from most weeks :)
- Ongoing collaboration with mobile and Parsoid
- need to work with VE on how inspectors work (#100)
- Volley'ing card 82 back to growth :)
- Oops about deploys
- heartbleed session tokens reset
- QUESTION: what are the action items for platfrom re Zero portal???
Partners Engineering / Wikipedia Zero
- #57 Firefox OS: no progress, but not blocked on RL
- #76 Portal: Yuri's continuing work, will eventually wire up Varnish to use it as the config web-based JSON backend
- #2 ESI headers: blocked until upgrade
- #94 Firefox OS zero integration: please close card
- #95 Analytics: blocked
- #96 More X-Analytics field: stalled, will come after other work
- gerrit / jenkins integration fixes underway
- gerrit fixed after it was taken down by a labs bot
- Stefan has left the team
- Limn change made to make maps easier
- Continued work on GettingStarted, GuidedTour, and mw.cookie (review in progress on this). I also got some reviews on the deletion ID logging patch. I'll follow up on that.
- skinStyles patch: https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/99 / https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/122838/
- integrating handlebars/lightncandy templating, still talking to Matt Walker/Gabriel Wicke about Knockoff (so close!), not ready for security review
- need Mobile's blob ResourceLoader, Timo -1d the core patch for it https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/111250/
- patches for Parsoid CSS (useful to VE) in gerrit https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/124785/