Scrum of scrums/2014-02-04
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable action items
- Language team waiting to hear from VE team about what to expect RE json i18n
- W0 preparing to announce WAP/WML deprecation
- Multimedia needs to discuss with Ops RE thumbnail generation
- Ops expecting some delay due to resourcing changes on team, including SSL support for W0 (delayed ~1wk)
- Mobile Web blocked on VE integration pending conversation with VE team this Fri
- Missed a meeting, but nothing much inter-team has been going on, apart from continued work on QA and CI
- Need to have a word with ops about pre-generating thumbnails for certain image sizes, and based on likely navigation paths
dr0ptp4kt (Adam B)
- 53 W0 dashboards - Still on hold.
- 57 Firefox OS exploration - Adam B talked with Roan and Timo T. The basic URL loader concept is okay. The MobileFrontend code will need to be rebased and un-conflicted to restart progress.
- 3 Support SSL - Rebase and un-conflict on Yuri's plate.
- 2 ESI headers - No change.
- 65 Android Integration - Adam B submitted first cut, it is undergoing code review with Brion and Yuvi.
- 66 iOS Integration - Adam B working on it this week, planning to submit first cut Friday for code review by Brion and Monte.
- 54 Dan Foy is preparing to message community about WAP deprecation, targeting Feb 17 for deprecation
Niklas Laxstrom/Runa Bhattacharjee
- Working on content translation: we decided to build backend service on node.js; consulting with legal
- #71 ULS patchsets are under review by Ori; we will prepare to announcements
- #58 Would like to hear what we can expect from VE team on json i18n -> suggested to mail VE team directly
- Mobile has asked to review addition of mobile apps to translatewiki.net - Siebrand and I are working on that
- VisualEditor is down on beta labs, but a fix is underway
- Auth issue in beta labs API from last week is resolved
- QA/Release Engineering quarterly review is next week
- Starting review of Hadoop for Analytics
- Will need a schema change on user from ops sometime this month (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/92037/)
Faidon Liambotis/Andrew Otto
- DTO transitioning
- Diederik helping out ops, lots of RTs being triaged, expect pings
- Finally redeploying ulsfo
- Oceania already being served from ulsfo; traffic to be gradually ramped up over the course of the next week
- Tampa migration moving along, about to pick up in speed
- Labs migration making progress again, after initial setback with Mike Hoover's disappearance
- eqiad Row D about to deployed, ETA ~1 week (affects ElasticSearch deployment among others)
- New datacenter procurement still in contract negotiations, with a clear contender
- OSM being worked on, Alex is the point person
- Initial target is Labs/Toolserver replacement
- Research for tileserver & production to last for approx. the next month
- Brandon to take over Zero work, but after ulsfo gets fully deployed
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/102316/ and others
- Analytics (Otto)
- work on kafkatee proceeding nicely
- varnishkafka in bits is not particuarly happy. Dropping messages, not sure why, still investigating
- analytics1021 (Kafka broker) down, (mostly) handling 50K msg/sec with one broker at the moment
- Done removing Special:GettingStarted (modal, toolbar, and API remain)
- Next big step is to deploy GettingStarted to additional Wikipedias
- Drafts enhancements are progressing through design state.
- deployed quantity datatype to wikidata.org
- works fine
- no pressing blockers at the moment
- Enabled on two enwiki pages as planned.
- Little usage but tons of feedback,
- issue is how often to deploy fixes how soon vs. riding the train in two Thursdays. We need a lightning deploy today for CheckUser fixes,
- blocked on VE for tablets (#70), waiting for the meeting with the VE team on Friday
- Jon is making slow progress with Firefox OS (#57)