Scrum of scrums/2014-01-07
Notable action items
- Wikidata still blocked on finding go-to person in Ops - Lydia to follow up when she's in the office (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/59)
- Multimedia needs some help with graphing EventLogging data (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/67)
- Mobile Web needs to work with Wikipedia Zero on UX Overlay code
- Mobile apps will soon have a patch that requires review (incl security review)
- Zero to discuss with Analytics about dashboard needs
- Ops to look into deprecation of WAP support (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/54)
- Ops to look into rebuild/deploy of wikidiff2 (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/63)
- Patch to API to make it easier to create accounts with CAPTCHA
- Needs review (when complete) -- Chris from Platform?
- i18n JSON w/ VE (roan) done except LocalisationUpdate I think (still in progress)
- deployed updated plural rules
- Starting content translation
- Need review & okay for forcing IE to standards mode: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/103387
- 64 New overlay UX - Jon submitted patch, Yuri and Adam to review it - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/103404/
- 57 Firefox OS - ResourceLoader and pecl-memcached questions pending with Timo.
- 65 Android Integration - I'm starting on this.
- 66 iOS Integration - I'll start on this in a couple weeks.
- 53 W0 Dashboard - I think this is on Christian's plate. Toby to talk with Dan.
- 2 ESI headers - The upgrade approach didn't work, so it will be deferred, as expected.
- 3 Support SSL - Pending Yuri/Mark/Brandon hashmapper / dictionary work. A sample VCL for specific SSL support is blocked, with the hashmapper / dictionary expected to be used.
Since last time:
- Lots of UX work on Media Viewer
- New jquery fullscreen library in core soon as a partial result
- Some UploadWizard work, mostly testing and Flickr-related
- Worked with QA on getting testing for UW-critical API methods (we might need help following up on this -Chris)
- Finished loads of hiring and moving and other human-related insanity
- Trudging along on analytics scripts
Before next time:
- Discussion about UploadWizard changes, probably will rope in VE and/or Mobile to talk about what we should do (see e.g. Multimedia frontend RFC cluster)
- More work on analytics scripts
- Analytics is a bear to get started with, having more guidance on this would be good (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/67)
Slowing others: N/A I think - we have upcoming changes to UploadWizard but that won't start for another few weeks
- Fixed 503 errors on beta labs for Mobile tests
- About to monitor fatals on beta labs
- Infrastructure and shoring up
- Create test data with API
- monitor upload in production (might need help from Multimedia)
Andrew Otto/Mark Bergsma
- Not much to report, just coming out of slow holiday times
- Streber compromised, now in the proess of replacing all * certificates
- NaNs in Varnish log messages (need Ops help)
- Datacenter touring has completed, moving forward with meeting on shortlist soon
- Getting started improvements
- Draft namespace work ongoing
- UDP2Log/Webstatscollector and EventLogging were down (hardware issue) during parts of 1/5 and 1/6
- User Agent anonymization
- Node module for MW Oauth under review
- W0 Dashboards -- follow up
- Search rollout ongoing
- Multimedia integration
- Performance blocker fixed -- planned deploy on Jan 14th (Card 59)
- Still need follow-up on Ops contact (Card 61)
- Spam attack mitigation
- Feb launch aspirations
- Bug fixes (30+)
- Wrapping up overlay UX work -- hoping to push to all users soon.
- W0 depends on this code
- Exploring mobile diff
- Ops dependency for push
- Tablet work (UX)
- Firefox OS work needs help from ResourceLoader folks (VE team)