- 1 Security reminder
- 2 MediaWiki 1.10.4
- 3 MediaWiki 1.10.3
- 4 MediaWiki 1.10.2
- 5 MediaWiki 1.10.1
- 6 MediaWiki 1.10.0
- 7 MediaWiki 1.10.0rc2
- 8 MediaWiki 1.10.0rc1
- 9 Configuration changes
- 10 New features since 1.9
- 11 Bugfixes since 1.9
- 12 Maintenance
- 13 Languages updated
- 14 Compatibility
- 15 Upgrading
MediaWiki does not require PHP's register_globals setting since version 1.2.0. If you have it on, turn it *off* if you can.
March 2, 2008
- Correction for API path fix, broken in 1.10.3
January 23, 2008
This is a security update to the Winter 2007 quarterly release. A potential XSS injection vector affecting api.php only for Microsoft Internet Explorer users has been closed.
To work around the vulnerability without upgrading, you may disable the API if you don't need it:
- $wgEnableAPI = false;
Not vulnerable versions:
- 1.12 or later
- 1.11 >= 1.11.1
- 1.10 >= 1.10.3
- 1.9 >= 1.9.5
- 1.8 any version (if $wgEnableAPI has been left off)
- 1.11 <= 1.11.0rc1
- 1.10 <= 1.10.2
- 1.9 <= 1.9.4
- 1.8 any version (if $wgEnableAPI has been switched on)
MediaWiki 1.7 and below are not affected as they do not include the API functionality, however the BotQuery extension is similarly vulnerable unless updated to the latest SVN version.
September 10, 2007
This is a security fix update to the Spring 2007 quarterly release snapshot. A possible HTML/XSS injection vector in the API pretty-printing mode has been found and fixed.
The vulnerability may be worked around in an unfixed version by simply disabling the API interface if it is not in use, by adding this to LocalSettings.php:
- $wgEnableAPI = false;
Not vulnerable versions:
- 1.11 >= 1.11.0
- 1.10 >= 1.10.2
- 1.9 >= 1.9.4
- 1.8 >= 1.8.5
- 1.11 <= 1.11.0rc1
- 1.10 <= 1.10.1
- 1.9 <= 1.9.3
- 1.8 <= 1.8.4 (if $wgEnableAPI has been switched on)
MediaWiki 1.7 and below are not affected as they do not include the faulty function, however the BotQuery extension is similarly vulnerable unless updated to the latest SVN version.
July 13, 2007
This is a bugfix update to the Spring 2007 quarterly release snapshot. A number of fixes to improve compatibility with PostgreSQL, some versions of MySQL, and some PHP configurations are included.
Changes since 1.10.0:
- (bug 9417) Uploading new versions of images when using Postgres no longer throws warnings.
- (bug 9908) Using tsearch2 with Postgres 8.1 no longer gives an error.
- (bug 9973) Changed size was shown in advanced recentchanges collapsible items with $wgRCShowChangedSized = false.
- Fixed installation on MyISAM or old InnoDB with charset=utf8, was giving overlong key errors.
- Fixed zero-padding issues with MySQL 5 binary schema
- (bug 9820) session.save_path check no longer halts installation, but warns of possible bad values
- (bug 9978) Fixed session.save_path validation when using extended configuration format, e.g. "5;/tmp"
May 9, 2007
This is the quarterly release snapshot for Spring 2007. See below for a full list of changes since the 1.9.x series.
Changes since 1.10.0rc2:
- (bug 9808) Fix regression that ignored user 'rclimit' option for Special:Contributions
May 4, 2007
THIS IS A RELEASE CANDIDATE MADE AVAILABLE FOR TESTING! A FINAL 1.10.0 RELEASE WILL APPEAR WITHIN A FEW DAYS.
Changes since 1.10.0rc1:
- Various l10n fixes and updates
- Fix for upgrade of page_restrictions table
- (bug 9780) Fix normalization of titles with initial colon followed by whitespace
- Fix for regression in upload: wrong size info saved into image table
- Avoid cyclic stub problems when authorization hooks do funny things with the user and the database at load time
April 30, 2007
THIS IS A RELEASE CANDIDATE MADE AVAILABLE FOR TESTING! A FINAL 1.10.0 RELEASE WILL APPEAR WITHIN A FEW DAYS.
MediaWiki is now using a "continuous integration" development model with quarterly snapshot releases. The latest development code is always kept "ready to run", and in fact runs our own sites on Wikipedia.
Release branches will continue to receive security updates for about a year from first release, but nonessential bugfixes and feature developments will be made on the development trunk and appear in the next quarterly release.
Those wishing to use the latest code instead of a branch release can obtain it from source control: Download from SVN
- A new switch $wgCommandLineDarkBg used by maintenance scripts (parserTests.php). It lets you specify if your terminal use a dark background, the colorized output will be made lighter making things easier to read.
- The minimum permissions needed to edit a page in each namespace can now be customized via the $wgNamespaceProtection array. By default, editing pages in the MediaWiki namespace requires "editinterface" permission, as before.
- Allow restriction of autoconfirmed permission by edit count. New global setting $wgAutoConfirmCount (defaulting to zero, naturally).
- Added rate limiter for Special:Emailuser
- Private logs can now be created using $wgLogRestrictions
- (bug 8590) limited HTML is now always enabled ($wgUserHtml = true).
- Deprecated $wgUseImageResize, thumbnailing will be enabled unconditionally.
New features since 1.9
- (bug 6937) Introduce "statistics-footer" message, appended to Special:Statistics
- (bug 6638) List block flags in block log entries
- Added SkinTemplateOutputPageBeforeExec hook before SkinTemplate::outputPage() starts page outputmailarchive:wikitech-l/2007-January/028554.html
- Introduce "cascading protection" -- implicit protection on pages transcluded into a page protected with this option enabled
- (bug 8567) Added hook RawPageViewBeforeOutput just before the text is blown out in action=raw, so extensions might influence the output.
- (bug 3446) Add user preference to hide page content below diffs, can be overridden by adding diffonly=1 or diffonly=0 to the URL of the diff page
- Add 'purge' privilege to replace the hardcoded check for login state in determining whether action=purge can be done via GET. Switching the permission on for anons can be helpful for benchmarking.
- (bug 7842) Link back to deleted revision list from deleted revision preview
- (bug 8619) Add user-aware "unblock" link to Special:Blockip
- (bug 8522) Provide a "delete" link on Special:Brokenredirects for users with the appropriate permission
- (bug 8628) Add user-aware block list link to Special:Blockip
- (bug 8621) Log revisions marked as patrolled
- Introduce "BookInformation" hook; see docs/hooks.txt for more details
- Add title prefix search for Special:Undelete
- Remove full-archive list from Special:Undelete
- (bug 8136) Introduce 'ArticleUndelete' hook; see docs/hooks.txt for more info
- Introduce 'CustomEditor' hook; see docs/hooks.txt for more information
- New special page, Special:Protectedpages, which shows all protected pages and their protection status (full protection status is not pulled out due to performance considerations, so it just shows "full protected" or "semi protected".
- (bug 4133) Allow page protections to be made with an expiry date, in the same format as block expiry dates. Existing protections are assumed to be infinite, as are protections made with the new field left blank.
- (bug 8535) Allow certain vertical alignment attributes to be used as image keywords
- (bug 6987) Allow perrow, widths, and heights attributes for <gallery>
- (bug 3678) Allow disabling MediaWiki:Aboutsite in the same way as MediaWiki:Disclaimers; Also means that if any of the footer links are disabled in the wiki's default language (by setting to "-"), they'll also be disabled in other languages too (e.g. if the user specifies uselang=fr).
- Sort log types in Special:Log
- Added a classname ("mw-toolbar-editbutton") and unique IDs to the edit toolbar buttons
- Hide irrelevant block options in Special:Blockip based on whether an IP address/range or username is listed. (Dynamic using JS.)
- (bug 9032) Make quickbarSettings localizable through Special:Allmessages
- (bug 7782) Standardisation of file info at image description pages.
- (bug 1035) View contributions / recentchanges for an IP range.
- (bug 8747) When unwatching pages from Special:Watchlist/edit, put the confirmation messages in a proper list with a CSS class and id.
- (bug 9118) Show relevant log fragments on deletion confirmatio page
- (bug 9009) Add username entry field to Special:Contributions
- (bug 1723) Article size in history
- (bug 9223) Disallow magic tilde sequences in page titles and usernames
- (bug 6997) Link from Special:log/block to unblock form
- (bug 9117) Link from Special:log/delete to undelete form
- Link from Special:log/protect to change protection form
- (bug 1196) Add IPv6 support added to blocks, more consistancy for IPv6 contribs
- (bug 3984) Searching in logs by title%
- Show thumbnail of existing image if image exists already under this filename
- (bug 5546) Watchlist reflects logged actions like move, protection, undelete
- Support protocols other than HTTP in LinkFilter, use $wgUrlProtocols
- (bug 3069) Warning on upload of scaled down images
- Warning on upload of images with uppercase extension if image with lowercase extension exists
- (bug 4624) Namespace selection for Special:Whatlinkshere
- Introduce PageHistoryBeforeList and PageHistoryLineEnding hooks; see docs/hooks.txt for more information
- (bug 9397) Introduce "sp-contributions-footer" and "sp-contributions-footer-anon" messages, shown at the end of Special:Contributions as appropriate for the target
- (bug 9069) Use galleries in query pages dedicated to images
- (bug 9177) Installer now warns of various conditions affecting session.save_path which can lead to broken session storage
- (bug 9046) Special page to list pages without language links
- (bug 9508) Special page to list articles with the fewest revisions
- Introduce 'FileUpload' hook; see docs/hooks.txt for more information
- Introduce 'SearchUpdate' hook; see docs/hooks.txt for more information
- Introduce 'mywatchlist' message; used on personal menu to link to watchlist page
- Introduce magic word 3,372,940
- Introduced media handlers for file-type specific operations.
- Improved error reporting for image thumbnailing
- Added sharpening option for ImageMagick thumbnailing
- (bug 9656) Autosummaries will be generated for deletion of pages longer than 500 characters
- Predefined block reasons added to Special:Blockip
- (bug 9196) Installer now check that zend.ze1_compatibility_mode is off
- (bug 9697) Introduce 'InternalParseBeforeLinks' hook; see docs/hooks.txt for more information
- 'contribsub' message changed to 'contribsub2' with two parameters to permit better localization. Change is reverse-compatible and can be ignored for most wikis.
- Adding a 'reason' field to Special:Userrights
Bugfixes since 1.9
- (bug 7292) Fix site statistics when moving pages in/out of content namespaces
- (bug 8531) Correct local name of Lingála
- Made the PLURAL: parser function return singular on -1 per default
- Fixed up the AjaxSearch
- Fix SpecialVersion->formatCredits input. Version and Url parameters should be null to be treated properly with isset.
- Page restrictions moved into a new, dedicated table
- Correct tooltip accesskey hint for Opera on the Macintosh (uses Shift-Esc-, not Ctrl-).
- (bug 8002) Math should render left-to-right even in right-to-left wikis
- Pass e-mail and real name fields to AuthPlugin::addUser, as additional optional fields, which may be considered useful at registration time.
- PostgreSQL upgrade scripts fixed and updated
- (bug 8613) Fix error when viewing "Recent Changes" and using Postgres.
- Initialise site_stats table at upgrade time if data was missing
- (bug 7250) Updated Unicode normalization tables to Unicode 5.0
- Unmaintained Oracle support files have been removed.
- Use browser default for printing size, don't force to 11pt
- (bug 8632) Fix regression in page protection null edit update
- (bug 8407) Disallow indexing of "printable" versions
- (bug 8643) Correctly escape the page-specific CSS class for non-Monobook skins
- (bug 8629) Document $wgFilterCallback
- (bug 1000) Clarify warning about memory_limit in installer
- Suppress PHP warning about set_time_limit in installer when safe mode is on
- (bug 3000) Fall back to SCRIPT_NAME plus QUERY_STRING when REQUEST_URI is not available, as on IIS with PHP-CGI
- Missing interwiki row for English Wikipedia restored (as "wikipedia:")
- use configured cache servers for mctest.php
- bucket details in mcc.php
- fix input validation and remove debugging code in compressOld
- full ID range for moveToExternal
- fix resolveStubs.php for compatibility with older serialized data
- maximum line length for bar graphs in getLagTimes.php
- recognize specieswiki in rebuildInterwiki.inc
- profile unicode cleanup in Xml
- log slow parses in Article.php
- profile wfMsgReal
- log mkdir failures
- profile AutoLoader
- rebuild empty DjVu metadata containing ''
- security fix for DjVu metadata retrieval
- Undelete page list can use plural marker
- (bug 8638) Fix update from 1.4 and earlier
- (bug 8641) Fix order of updates to ipblocks table
- (bug 8678) Fix detection of self-links for numeric titles in Parser
- (bug 6171) Magically close tags in tables when not using Tidy.
- Sanitizer now correctly escapes lonely '>' occurring before the first wikitag.
- Ignore self closing on closing tags ( '</div />' now gives '</div>')
- (bug 8673) Minor fix for web service API content-type header
- Fix API revision list on PHP 5.2.1; bad reference assignment
- (bug 8688) Handle underscores/spaces in Special:Blockip and Special:Ipblocklist in a consistent manner
- (bug 8701) Check database lock status when blocking/unblocking users
- ParserOptions and ParserOutput classes are now in their own files
- (bug 8708) Namespace translations for Zealandic language
- Renamed constructor methods to PHP 5 __construct reserved name
- (bug 8715) Warn users when editing an interface message whether or not the message page exists
- ar: fix the 'create a new page' on search page when no exact match found
- (bug 8703) Corrected talk and image namespace name for Limburgish (li)
- (bug 8671) Expose "wpDestFile" as a parameter to "uploadtext"
- (bug 8403) Respect bad image list exceptions in galleries on wiki pages
- Allow sending per-user contribution requests to "contributions" query group
- (bug 3717) Update user count for AuthPlugin account autocreation
- (bug 8719) Firefox release notes lie! Fix tooltips for Firefox 2 on x11; accesskeys default settings appear to be same as Windows.
- Added an option to make Linker::userToolLinks() show the contribs link red when the user has no edits. Linker::userToolLinksRedContribs() is an alias to that which should be used to make it more self documentating.
- (bug 8749) Bring MySQL 5 table defs back into sync
- (bug 8751) Set session cookies to HTTPS-only to match other cookies
- (bug 8652) Catch exceptions generated by malformed XML in multipage media
- (bug 8782) Help text in Makefile
- (bug 8777) Suppress 'previous' link on Special:Allpages when at first page
- (bug 8774) Fix path for GNU FDL rights icon on new installs
- Fix multipage selector drop-down for DjVu images to work when title is passed as a query string parameter; we have to pass the title as a form parameter or it gets dropped from the form submission URL
- (bug 8819) Fix full path disclosure in with skins dependencies
- Fixed bug affecting HTML formatting in sortable table column titles
- Merged table sorting code into wikibits.js
- (bug 8711) Stop floats in previews from spilling into edit area
- (bug 8858) Safer handling when $wgImageLimits is changed. Added a note in DefaultSettings to make it clear.
- (bug 4268) Fixed data-loss bug in compressOld batch text compression affecting pages which had null edits (move, protect, etc) as second edit in a batch group. Isolated and patched by Travis Derouin.
- Fix for paths in 1.4->1.5 special-case updater script
- (bug 8789) AJAX search: IE users can now use the return key
- (bug 6844) Use <ins> and <del> tags to emphase the differences
- (bug 4347) use MailAddress object for reply-to
- Add AlphabeticPager abstract class
- Use faster AlphabeticPager for Special:Categories
- (bug 8875) Show printable link in MonoBook sidebar for locally nonexistent pages; perhaps useful for categories and shared images
- Clean up session checks to better handle the case where the session was opened during the current request. May help with some caching corner cases.
- (bug 8897) Fix whitespace removal for interlanguage links with link prefix
- Add 'ParserTestTables' hook to expand the list of temporary tables copied by the parser test harness; use for extensions which require the presence of other tables while they work.
- Message names changed for AlphabeticPager introduced with r19758 for better localisations.
- (bug 8944) The deprecated is_a() function is used in StubObjects.php
- (bug 8992) Fix a remaining raw use of REQUEST_URI in history
- (bug 8999) User.php gives "undefined user editcount" PHP notice.
- (bug 8984) Fix a database error in Special:Recentchangeslinked when using the Postgres database.
- Moved the main ob_start() from the default LocalSettings.php to WebStart.php. The ob_start() section should preferably be removed from older LocalSettings.php files.
- Give Content-Length header for HTTP/1.0 clients.
- Partial support for Flash cross-domain-policy filtering.
- Lazy-initialize site_stats row on load when empty. Somewhat kinder to dump-based installations, avoiding PHP warnings when NUMBEROFARTICLES and such are used.
- Add 'charset' to Content-Type headers on various HTTP error responses to forestall additional UTF-7-autodetect XSS issues. PHP sends only 'text/html' by default when the script didn't specify more details, which some inconsiderate browsers consider a license to autodetect the deadly, hard-to-escape UTF-7. This fixes an issue with the Ajax interface error message on MSIE when $wgUseAjax is enabled (not default configuration); this UTF-7 variant on a previously fixed attack vector was discovered by Moshe BA from BugSec: http://www.bugsec.com/articles.php?Security=24
- Trackback responses now specify XML content type
- (bug 9044) Send a comment with action=raw pages in CSS/JS output mode to work around IE/Mac bug where empty pages time out verrrrryyyyy slowly, particularly with new keepalive-friendly HTTP on Wikipedia
- (bug 8919) Suppress paging links and related messages where there are no rows to list for query pages
- (bug 9057) Standardize MediaWiki: namespace for oc
- (bug 8132) Suppress "Pages in this category" heading in categories when there are none
- (bug 8958) Handle search operators better when using tsearch2 (Postgres)
- (bug 8799) Use redirect table for Special:BrokenRedirects and Special:DoubleRedirects
- (bug 8918) Enable PLURAL option for MediaWiki:showingresults and MediaWiki:showingresultsnum
- (bug 9122) Fix minor display issue in RTL with section edit link margin
- (bug 5805) Enable PLURAL option for some messages of watchlist and statistic
- (bug 3953) Work around poor display of parenthesis in the in other languages section of MonoBook skin
- (bug 8539) Enable PLURAL option for another message of recentchanges.
- (bug 8728) MediaWiki:Badfiletype splitted into 3 messages
- (bug 9131) Allow SpecialContributions to work with Postgres
- (bug 9155) Allow footer info to wrap in Monobook
- (bug 8847) Strip spurious #fragments from request URI to fix redirect loops on some server configurations
- (bug 9097) column "pr_pagetype" does not exist
- (bug 9217) Balance wfProfile calls in Skin::outputPage
- (bug 9222) PostgreSQL updater should not be version-specific
- Fix fallback implementation of mb_strlen so it works and isn't insanely slow for large strings, since it's used for page edit lengths
- (bug 8815) Setting password in initUser() breaks LdapAuthentication plugin
- (bug 9256) Add a quick note to index.php header comments
- Make Special:Listusers caseinsensitive for first letter
- Default tidy.conf has been moved from extensions module into includes.
- Ignore lonely '''''
- (bug 9244) When calling edit page for nonexistent section, generate error inside of just discarding edits, since edit links sometimes go to the wrong place.
- (bug 9019) No warning during upload if image description page exists, but no image
- (bug 8582) Allow thumbnailing when imagesize has a space.
- (bug 8716) Change math_inputhash and math_outputhash to byte for Postgres
- (bug 9343) Correct internal name for Wolof language
- (bug 9363) Fix Postgres error on Recentchangeslinked
- (bug 5142) Fixed call of hook ArticleViewHeader
- (bug 4777) Separate prev/next messages for Special:Whatlinkshere
- Merge approx 15 missing Wikipedia language codes into wikipedia-interwiki.sql based on Jeff Merkey's mediawiki-1.9.3.WG-20070316.tar.gz.bz2 archive.
- (bug 9411) Fix for shared image descriptions using query-string titles
- (bug 4756) Add user tool links for self created accounts at special:log instead of sometimes broken block links from newuserlog extension
- (bug 5817) Special:Recentchangeslinked now shows red link for nonexistent target page instead of silently redirecting
- (bug 8914) Don't transform colons in
- (bug 9241) Handle edit section links and include size links for cached templates the same as the first transclusion.
- (bug 9466) "Rollback failed" page doesn't format edit comment
- (bug 9472) Invalid XHTML on cached special pages
- (bug 9472) Invalid XHTML on Special:Newpages
- (bug 4764) "My contributions" not bold when viewing own contributions
- (bug 9194) Add to navigation bar of Special:Whatlinkshere
- (bug 9033) Use a more specific error message when users are not able/allowed to edit page protection levels due to a block, database lock or permissions
- Fixed $wgFeedLimit
- (bug 9270) Corrected help namespace name for Dutch Lower Saxon (nds-nl)
- (bug 929, 4215) Expose "rcdays" user preference in Special:Preferences
- (bug 9554) Extension-provided group name messages not used
- (bug 9565) Translate template namespace name for Hindi (hi)
- (bug 8599) Correct localized names of zh-variants
- (bug 3366) Require skins based on SkinTemplate to override the skinname property.
- (bug 9220) Removed obsoletes functions in install-utils.inc.
- Removed obsoletes Title::getRelatedCache and Title:touchArray
- (bug 7285) Check MySQL username length during install
- (bug 6910) Correct date/time formats in Vietnamese (vi)
- (bug 9608) Correctly use ORDER BY in dumpLinks.php
- (bug 9609) Correctly use ORDER BY in SpecialWhatlinkshere.php
- Special:Random and Special:Randomredirect now try harder to send the user to a random page, and will give an error message if none really can be found instead of sending the user to the main page like they used to
- Fix object variable used for displaying "not-patrolled" CSS class on list
- Fixed interaction of page parameter to ImagePage with the HTML file cache
- Fixed MIME type for SVG files, will be silently changed from image/svg to image/svg+xml after loading from the database.
- Workaround for djvutoxml bug #1704049 (poor performance). Use djvudump instead.
- Fixed odd behaviour in ImagePage on DjVu thumbnailing errors
- (bug 5439) "Go" title search will now jump to shared/foreign Image: and MediaWiki: pages that have not been locally edited.
- (bug 9630) Limits links in Whatlinkshere forgot about namespace filter
- Fixed upgrade for the non-standard MySQL schemas
- Disable MySQL's strict mode at session start for MySQL 4.1+, to avoid the various problems that occur when it is on.
- (bug 9585) Fix regression in tidy usage in Special:Undelete previews
- (bug 3826) Normalize some invalid cookie name characters when setting up $wgCookiePrefix. Completes application of patch by Anders Kaseorg.
- (bug 9649) Fix RTL form alignment for Special:Movepage
- (bug 9582) Members of bot group now mark edits patrolled by default
- (bug 9669) Fix limit ordering for rebuildrecentchanges; broken since converted from 1.4 to 1.5 schema
- (bug 9682) Revert PHP 5.1 dependency on warning suppression for SVN info
- (bug 5959) Anchors dropped from stub links
- (bug 3348) Some additional weak password checks: password which is same as username will now be rejected.
- (bug 8602) Converted Special:Contributions to use an IndexPager. The interpretation of the offset parameter has changed, and the go parameter has been removed.
- (bug 7629) Fix $wgBrowserBlackList to avoid false positive on MSIE when certain plugins are present which alter the user agent
- New script maintenance/language/checkExtensioni18n.php used to check i18n progress in the extension repository.
- Running maintenance/parserTests.php with '--record' option, will now automatically attempt to create the required tables
- --purge option to do additional parser-cache purging for purgeList.php
- Fix hardcoded background color in parserTests.php
- parserTests.php : removed the 'light' option for --color argument, replacing it with a new global switch : $wgCommandLineDarkBg
- (bug 8780) Clarify message for command-line scripts if LocalSettings.php exists but is not readable
- dumpBackup / importDump now work with PostgreSQL
- (bug 8975) Use "Maintenance script" as the default username for importImages.php and importTextFile.php scripts
- (bug 8933) Fix maintenance/reassignEdits.php script
- (bug 9440) Added "mediawikiwiki" interwiki prefix to MediaWiki.org
- (bug 2979) Import now gracefully skips invalid titles with a warning
- Restore '--norc' option for maintenance/importTextFile.php
- Help information for maintenance/importTextFile.php now easier to read on consoles
- Doxygen documentation now show the revision number of each file, generate graphs using dot and include a search engine.
- Arabic (ar)
- Aramaic (arc)
- Aymara (ay)
- Belarusian normative (be)
- Belarusian alternative (be-x-old)
- Bulgarian (bg)
- Bihara (bh)
- Breton (br)
- Catalan (ca)
- Czech (cs)
- Danish (da)
- German (de)
- Greek (el)
- Esperanto (eo)
- Spanish (es)
- Estonian (et)
- Basque (eu)
- Finnish (fi)
- Võro (fiu-vro)
- French (fr)
- Hebrew (he)
- Hindi (hi)
- Upper Sorbian (hsb)
- Hungarian (hu)
- Armenian (hy)
- Indonesian (id)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Javanese (jv)
- Georgian (ka)
- Kabyle (kab)
- Kazakh (kk)
- Korean (ko)
- Kashmiri (ks)
- Ripuarian (ksh)
- Latin (la)
- Luganda (lg)
- Limburgish (li)
- Lithuanian (lt)
- Latvian (lv)
- Marathi (mr)
- Low Saxon (nds)
- Dutch Lower Saxon (nds-nl)
- Nepali (ne)
- Nepal Bhasa (new)
- Dutch (nl)
- Occitan (oc)
- Pali (pi)
- Polish (pl)
- Romanian (ro)
- Russian (ru)
- Sanskrit (sa)
- Sicilian (scn)
- Slovak (sk)
- Sundanese (su)
- Swedish (sv)
- Tahitian (ty)
- Ukrainian (uk)
- Urdu (ur)
- Uzbek (uz)
- Vietnamese (vi)
- Zealandic (zea)
- Old Chinese / Late Middle Chinese (zh-classical)
- Chinese (PRC) (zh-cn)
- Chinese (Taiwan) (zh-tw)
- Cantonese (zh-yue)
MediaWiki 1.10 requires PHP 5 (5.1 recommended). PHP 4 is no longer supported.
PHP 5.0.x fails on 64-bit systems due to serious bugs with array processing: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=34879 Upgrade affected systems to PHP 5.1 or higher.
MySQL 3.23.x is no longer supported; some older hosts may need to upgrade. At this time we still recommend 4.0, but 4.1/5.0 will work fine in most cases.
1.10 has several database changes since 1.9, and will not work without schema updates.
If upgrading from before 1.7, you may want to run refreshLinks.php to ensure new database fields are filled with data.
If you are upgrading from MediaWiki 1.4.x or earlier, some major database changes are made, and there is a slightly higher chance that things could break. Don't forget to always back up your database before upgrading!
See the file UPGRADE for more detailed upgrade instructions.
Some output, particularly involving user-supplied inline HTML, may not produce 100% valid or well-formed XHTML output. Testers are welcome to set $wgMimeType = "application/xhtml+xml"; to test for remaining problem cases, but this is not recommended on live sites. (This must be set for MathML to display properly in Mozilla.)
For notes on 1.9.x and older releases, see HISTORY.
Documentation for both end-users and site administrators is currently being built up on MediaWiki.org, and is covered under the GNU Free Documentation License (except for pages that explicitly state that their contents are in the public domain) :
A MediaWiki-l mailing list has been set up distinct from the Wikipedia wikitech-l list:
A low-traffic announcements-only list is also available:
It's highly recommended that you sign up for one of these lists if you're going to run a public MediaWiki, so you can be notified of security fixes.
There's usually someone online in #mediawiki on irc.freenode.net