Events of Last 2 Iterations
*Kristen starts *Code review conversation, deciding to retrospectives every iteration
Points carried over from previous iteration: Points attempted: 29 Points completed: 13
Brazil [n the Hood] (7/28/2014-8/18/2014)
*Wikimania (three-week Sprint) *Adam's baby *Juliusz announces...
*Max, Kaldari, and Maryana at Wikimania for most of Sprint *Arthur sick 8/4-8/5
Points carried over from previous iteration: 0 Points attempted: 16 Points completed: 11
What's been working well?
- WikiTinder hacking, quick user tests + lots of enthusiasm at Wikimania
- Max's HHVM gig
What hasn't worked well?
- Forgot about lightning deploy after Wikimania
- Suggestion: if there are unusual scheduling issues around a deploy event (eg wikimania) throw up a calendar reminder
- mediawiki-vagrant has been really unreliable lately
- Dan Duvall is involved, but not "the leader"
- Flow guys are having issues too
- ACTION!: escalate to RobLa [Juliusz]
- Beta labs has been very unreliable
- This was disappointing during Wikimania
- ACTION: Release/QA team "own" Beta labs (we think); greg-g would be a good person to raise this with [Maryana]
- We're still working on VisualEditor+1 (reated to previous two) [Maryana]
- policy: we are only doing bug fixes now
- There is a mobile-tech email that decribes phased handoff
- Juliusz's departure impacts the handoff
- See email to mobile-tech 'Followup from yesterday's mobile editing -> editing team transition chat' (https://groups.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/mobile-tech/editing/mobile-tech/oDQ2oLoqMNs/iKmJXmDcHvcJ)
- ACTION!: Maryana sync up with James F. To check-in on handoff [Maryana]
- AAAARGH JUJU+1000
- How are we going to do things with 0.6 frontend developers? :(
- Velocity will take a hit in September/Q1 (maybe Q2)
- ACTION: May need to rope Jon in for code review [Kaldari] DONE
- How's the hiring going?
- Bahodir starts 9/8: ask Tomasz about how firm that is, ask if he can fly in for a week or two
- May have some of JuJu's time (PT) from Poland, if his Mom agrees
- What's going on with the QA/browser test issues? Who will care about this when Juju leaves...?
ACTION: raise concerns to Tomasz and ask for clarity [Kristen]
Carried over from last retrospective:
ACTION! Kaldari to organize a meeting with relevant players to come up with concrete next steps on moving forward the template RFC conversation