Disseminate educational content under a free license or in the public domain effectively and globally.
The Reading Web team focusses on engineering efforts around the experiences for readers of the websites for the various Wikimedia projects.
This page and its subpages are intended to document the team, its various roles/responsibilities, and generally be a repository of articles of team documentation.
- 1 Team
- 2 Projects
- 3 Team documentation
- 4 Archived Notes
- Roles and responsibilities
- Software component responsibilities
- Phabricator information (boards & workflows)
- Deployment procedures/guidelines
- Story estimation
- SOP for Reading Web Phabricator Maintenance
- What to do with an UBN
- Google Hangouts
- Should Google Hangouts fail, we will fall back to https://bluejeans.com/3591815659/browser (MBinder's personal link) given its reliability (Chrome or Chromium only). This will remain until at least June 2017, when OIT will review the BJ contract. If all else fails, the team will fall back to appear.in given its simplicity.
Onboarding for developers
- Working with Vagrant
- Development cycle
- Coding conventions documentation (style, organization, commit message guidelines, etc)
Starting a new projects
- Setting up instances on wmflabs.org
- Setting up a Gerrit repository (general notes)
- Review queue - for getting new projects in production
Deploying and releasing
- Pushing production code from beta to stable
- Release process
- How to deploy code
- SSH configuration notes
- Requesting shell access
- Video showing deployment procedures