Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 2016-12-01
- 2 2016-12-05
- 3 2016-12-06
- 4 2016-12-07
- 5 2016-12-08
- 6 2016-12-13
- 7 2016-12-14
- 8 2016-12-15
- 9 2016-12-20
- 10 2016-12-22
- Fixed intermittently failing ConcurrentQueue tests (hopefully)
- Working on last refactoring tickets
- Working on prototypes on Hype
- Feels like I'm finally making progress on triaging our massive backlog. Should finish tomorrow.
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T151061 deployment, not much else
- More bug triage, should finish in the next hour.
- Later: CR catch-up, if applicable.
- More later: Actually getting some tasks done. I miss coding.
- Moved checkFile out of mw.UploadWizardUpload, into controller
- Working on more of the "Refactor UW to be maintainable" thingies
- Quarterly goalsssss Wikimedia_Engineering/2016-17_Q3_Goals#Editing
- Dependencies: Security, Performance, Services
- Not much work done today, but ramping up to get some bugs worked on (since they're all organized and pretty right now)
- FA design - blocked on software licenses, but coming along
- Step 1: Look at bugs. Step 2: ??? Step 3: Bugs are fixed.
- CR glances today as well.
- Fixed tutorial step logging
- Working on changing error handling conform recent change in API error output & fix errors with missing $1 params
- Changing UW error handling, conform new API error output
- Making UW use mw.Api instead of XMLHttpRequest
(I was late taking notes, add whatever is missing)
- Code review
- Discussed cross-wiki search API w/ Prateek
(missed, while typing the others)
- Worked a little on UW performance
- Chatted with Prateek about FA search API use, I think we've come to some conclusions, but it also sounds like design/user research will be a step.
- Trying not to get eaten?
- CR mostly
- Nasty UW bug fixed
- Team availability significantly lower over the next two weeks.
- Refactoring of how UW deals with API (and other) errors
- Also fixed issue with corrupt files not providing a detailed enough error
- Stop using XMLHttpRequets in UW, use mw.Api instead
- Next: similar API error refactorings in Upload.BookletLayout.js
- Yesterday: UW performance on details step, continuing today
- Also dealing with grrrit-wm silliness.
- Meetings x∞
- Deployments about to end
- Task filed for design prototypes/research
- Star Wars!!!!!!!!!
- Limited availability continues!
- Patch for loading upload interfaces on scroll in the details step is up, could use review
- Had a thought (in IRC) about grouping uploads. May work on that at the tech days/hackathon/dev summit or whatever we're calling it now
- Redid mw.Api & error messages patches in different order
- Using parsed messages from API now instead of building them on client
- Going to (try to) do the same for BookletLayout
- Performance things in OOUI, mostly for VE, some may help UW
- Some patches to review, tomorrow
- Off next week, see you in the new year!
- Took yesterday off. Today: Checking for new things in Phabricator, trying to fix at least not zero of them
- Tomorrow probably more of the same.
- Nobody else came!