Reading/Multimedia/Scrum notes/gi11es/2014/04

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to: navigation, search

2014-04-30[edit]

Yesterday
  • Watched the testing tech talk
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Addressed concerns on my ongoing changesets
  • Implemented fix for RTL icon issue (#512)
  • Implemented fix for "use this file" arrow RTL issue (#550)
  • Implemented fix for tipsy gravity of stripe buttons (#485)
Today
  • Weekly team meeting
  • Estimate global load when launched on all wikis (#523)


2014-04-29[edit]

Yesterday
  • Cycle planning meeting
  • Reviewed everything in the queue (including progress bar stuff, finally!)
  • Implemented fix for lack of try/catch on localStorage write operations (#530)
  • Created Image Scalers cards for cycle planning meeting part 2
  • Implemented change to add more metrics dashboards (#526)
  • Implemented change to add percentiles to maps (#506)
  • Implemented change to add the maps to each site dashboard (#510)
Today
  • 1-on-1 with Rob
  • Cycle planning meeting part 2
  • Attend testing tech talk
  • Further discussion with Dan and Fae to find a way for GWToolset uploads to resume safely
  • Look into Pau's old email report that there was an issue with the invite animation


2014-04-28[edit]

Yesterday
  • Rainer (GSoC) welcome meeting
  • Image scalers meeting
  • Reviewed everything in the queue except progress bar fix
  • Investigated the EventLogging data post-migration and emailed stakeholders about missing data
  • Engaged in the caching/number of API calls debate
  • Addressed concerns on hover preloading (#430)
  • Implemented new metrics (#508 and #515)
Today
  • Cycle planning meeting
  • Review progress bar fix
  • Get in touch with Fae to coordinate restart of his/her upload activities


2014-04-25[edit]

Yesterday
  • 1-on-1 with Rob
  • Design review meeting
  • Reviewed everything in the queue except progress bar fix
  • Improved preload-on-hover changeset to include Gergo's suggestion (#430)
  • Implemented changesets to add new pilot site dashboards and metrics (#476)
Today
  • Rainer welcome meeting
  • Image scalers meeting


2014-04-24[edit]

Yesterday
  • Team meeting
  • Did some reading on GSoC mentoring guidelines and upcoming timeline, since Rainer Rillke's proposal got accepted
  • Scheduled a tentative welcome hangout meeting for Rainer with Brian Wolff and Bryan Davis
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Set an invite for a meeting about coming up with a plan for Image Scaler, and proposed a rough idea for a general solution on the mailing lists
  • Wrote changeset to reorder metrics on limn (#507)
  • Implemented mmv js/css preload on thumb hover (#430)
  • Write changeset to give custom user agent string to cucumber performance test for easier filtering of EventLogging data (#509)
Today
  • 1-on-1 with Rob
  • Design review meeting
  • Add metric to measure first click-to-image duration (#508)
  • Create more pilot site dashboards (#476)
  • Add percentiles to the maps (#506)
  • Add the maps to the site-specific dashboard (#510)


2014-04-23[edit]


2014-04-22[edit]

Yesterday
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Implemented bigger progress bar (#464)
  • Improved Gergo's changeset on displaying the metadata panel sooner (#458)
  • Addressed concerns on "track more user actions" (#290)
  • Implemented percentiles and split up SQL files to avoid giant query (#292)
Today
  • More limn work (one dashboard per site)
  • 1-on-1 with Rob


2014-04-21[edit]

Yesterday
  • Broke leg
  • Implemented unverified fix for E2E tests (#475)
  • Implemented a fix for the metrics swap between image hits and misses on limn (#477)
  • Responded to big email backlog, mostly related to launch
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
Today
  • Limn tasks


2014-04-17[edit]

Yesterday
  • IRC chat
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Out of scope bugs and reviews: looked at various GWToolset changesets but some of them lack unit tests and repro steps. I don't feel like they can truly be review without that, at least not by someone who doesn't know the code of that extension perfectly.
  • Implemented unit suffix for limn infoboxes (#461)
  • Finally deployed performance test on cloudbees (#378) and it seems to work fine!
Today
  • Team meeting
  • Histogram charts


2014-04-16[edit]

Yesterday
  • Reviewed everything MultimediaViewer in the queue (left GWToolset changesets aside for Thursday)
  • Responded to Ops API caching concerns, proposed a practical solution for launches (24 hour caching of all API calls)
  • Implemented alternative fix for "expand view" issue (#456)
  • Devised a plan to solve the outlier issue and sent a message to the ML about it
Today
  • IRC chat
  • Out of scope bugs and reviews


2014-04-15[edit]

Yesterday
  • Image/page optimization meeting with Wikipedia Zero
  • Reviewed everything MultimediaViewer in the queue (left GWToolset changesets aside for later this week)
  • Addressed syntax concerns on loading moment.js on demand (#444)
  • Fixed the new scroll logic in the E2E test and augmented it to cover history navigation
  • Limited existing graphs to last X days, merge request sent to Mark: https://gitorious.org/analytics/multimedia/merge_requests/6
  • Implemented tracking of more user actions (#290)
Today
  • 1-on-1 with Rob
  • Remove upper and lower percentile from existing graphs


2014-04-14[edit]

Yesterday
  • Team retrospective
  • Investigated the thumbnailing code in preparation for the Wikipedia zero meeting
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Addressed concerns on my changesets
  • Started work on tracking more user actions (#290)
Today
  • Image/page optimization meeting with Wikipedia Zero
  • Finish #290
  • Removing upper and lower percentiles from existing graphs
  • Limiting existing graphs to last X days


2014-04-11[edit]

Yesterday
  • Team weekly meeting
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Implemented a fix for the article scroll bug (#439)
  • Implemented on-demand load of oojs-ui (#426)
  • Implemented on-demand loaf of moment (#444)
Today
  • Team retrospective
  • Tracking more actions
  • Removing upper and lower percentiles from existing graphs
  • Limiting existing graphs to last X days


2014-04-10[edit]

Yesterday
  • 1-on-1 with RobLa
  • 1-on-1 with Aaron
  • Scrum of scrums
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Investigated the JS/CSS weight of Media Viewer and proposed an alternative solution to improve the cold cache experience
  • Implemented fix for CSS issue with Commons prominent icon that would look terrible in some browsers
  • Reviewed and accepted Pau's tweaks
  • Continued Gergo's work on guessing thumb URLs
Today
  • Launch!


2014-04-09[edit]

Yesterday
  • Reviewed and accepted Dan's cleaner limn change to support 2-letter country codes in tsv data source for maps
  • Drew conclusions about the performance tests and came up with an action plan to improve things, emailed the various parties involved (see mailing list)
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
Today
  • 1-on-1 with RobLa
  • 1-on-1 with Aaron
  • Scrum of scrums
  • Review Pau's changes and help with the changeset he's stuck on (if nobody has taken care of it yet)
  • Implement async footer load of mmv in replacement of bootstrap's load on demand


2014-04-08[edit]

Yesterday
  • Launch meeting
  • Sent pull request to limn to get an adapter merged in that will allow us to display maps
  • Implemented limn maps for API and image average performance locally, needs the limn adapter to work
  • Implemented limn timeseries for Media Viewer vs File: page, sent merge request to Mark
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
Today
  • Continue work on stats


2014-04-07[edit]

Yesterday
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
  • Tried to figure out why the E2E test fails, but it seems like it's because beta is really slow at the moment
  • Tried to display the country data as a map in limn, but it turns out that geo data in limn has to be json, there is no geo adapter for tsv, so we'll need to generate json instead of tsv for those metrics. Emailed some questions to analytics to verify my assumptions
  • Cleaned up the existing limn graphs, sent a merge request to Mark
Today
  • Launch meeting
  • Aaron feedback meeting if I'm still awake
  • Continue work on stats


2014-04-04[edit]

Yesterday
  • Wikidata meeting
  • Team meeting
  • Reviewed everything in the queue, merged all of Gergo's edit & survey work
  • Implemented a fix for the Firefox z-index issue (#409)
  • Started page to document all our metrics: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Multimedia/Metrics
  • Set up limn locally thanks to Dan's help
Today
  • Continue work on stats


2014-04-03[edit]

Yesterday
  • Scrum of scrums
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
Today
  • Work on stats and graphs
  • Team meeting
  • Wikidata meeting


2014-04-02[edit]

Yesterday
  • Interviewed 3rd PM candidate
  • 1-on-1 with RobLa
  • Talked to Brian (#389)
  • Reviewed everything in the queue
Today
  • Work on stats and graph (#198)
  • Scrum of scrums


2014-04-01[edit]

Yesterday
  • Interviewed 2nd PM candidate
  • Addressed concerns on IE changesets (#230)
  • Addressed concerns on the cucumber performance test (#378)
  • Addressed concerns on "selecting html by default for logged-out" (#379)
Today
  • Interview 3rd PM candidate
  • 1-on-1 with RobLa
  • Talk to Brian (call scheduled) (#389)
  • Work on stats and graph (#198)