Reading/Multimedia/Retrospectives/2019-08-29

From mediawiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search


2019-08-29

Previous Action Items

  • Need a volunteer to archive the last few months' retros, should take 15 min, just super boring
  • Adopt a feature-specific meeting for the next major milestone [Ramsey]
  • Eric to join WMDE - WMF sync meeting [Ramsey] {{done!}}

What are we doing that we should keep doing?

  • Meetings with Aline+1+1000
  • MAD-specific meetings+
    • without frequently working with Monte, getting feedback in this meeting (plus via Slack chats) is very important for iteration!
  • Releasing lots of cool new features for the community

What are we doing that we should stop doing?

  • Running all Wikibase tests in CI?😭
  • I wasn't here so I'm not well-qualified to comment, but it seems like there was some stuff added right at the last minute for campaigns to try and be ready for WLM ...+1
    • +1 We should be flexible and willing to move quick, but try to avoid if at all possible (risk involved in circumventing normal (user testing, deployment, development, ...) processes)
    • +1 The only way i was okay with what we went with was because it was extremely scoped and we're treating it as an experiment

What aren't we doing that we should we start doing?

  • Cont'd from prior retro: Naming ourselves in Etherpad (done, except for one suspiciously fictional name)
  • Testing has fallen to the wayside a little bit in the race to get features launched (I am as guilty of this as anyone) +1
  • I'm not really sure we have a process for refactoring and deciding what refactoring to do - do we need one?
  • In the vein of user docs (as above), perhaps we should focus equally on dev documentation in future/now/yesterday +1

Action Items

  • Adopt a feature-specific meeting for the next major milestone [Ramsey]
  • [Michael] Add wikibase client and repo as dependencies in extension.json and delete the configured dependency on wikibase in the integration/config repository
    • James was right, this won't work, at least until https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88258 is resolved. --MDH
  • Max to send to email list
    • Testing has fallen to the wayside a little bit in the race to get features launched (I am as guilty of this as anyone)
    • I'm not really sure we have a process for refactoring and deciding what refactoring to do - do we need one?
    • In the vein of user docs (as above), perhaps we should focus equally on dev documentation in future/now/yesterday