Reading/Multimedia/Retrospectives/2019-05-09

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search


2019-05-09

Previous Action Items

  • Mark + Ramsey - Think about what resources (time, personnel, skills etc) we need to better support mobile, create an "Acceptance threshold/qa checklist"
  • HANA - Create testing roadmap as an example of how to document architecture  (this is will be an outcome of testing meeting now) Eric: Willing to write this after meeting
  • HANA - update qa checklist with wikidata entity language bug
    • And https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/48/

What are we doing that we should keep doing?

  • Launch process/communication seems to be working! We're catching things before launch, and then fixing things quickly after. Good communication seems to be helping, both on tickets and in chat.
    • +1
    • @mentions are good, plus chat pings, esp with time zones
  • We just rolled another thing out right after a huge release like it was nbd ^_^
    • celebrate?
  • Talking to each other, should probably do that more
  • Adding teammates who help prod team communications

What are we doing that we should stop doing?

What aren't we doing that we should we start doing?

  • the main workboard/milestones could do with more regular cleanup I think - lots of things in QA and Verify on Production
    • Which? Current Work
    • There is reason for this (I left it that way on purpose)
      • and the purpose is? we will talk about that when we get to this item ^_^
  • Breaking tix into stuff to do and stuff to test?
  • Go back to meet for its new Brady Bunch video feature?
  • Even more better attention to who is responsible for (manual) testing, and when?
  • Making sure we've said who we are in the etherpad so we know who wrote what :P

Action Items

  • Mark + Ramsey: Create an "Acceptance threshold/qa checklist"
  • Eric - Create testing roadmap as an example of how to document architecture (this is will be an outcome of testing meeting now) Eric: Willing to write this after meeting
    • And https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/48/
  • Max to add to offsite sched: tiny celebration of recently completed work (incl statements)
  • Devs: Remove MM-Current-Work tix that won't get done/worked-on any time soon
  • Max: Add "Brady Bunch" conv to email list
  • Mark to figure out how to use qa checklist to test a release