Reading/Multimedia/Retrospectives/2018-12-06

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search


2018-12-06

Previous Action Items

  • Check in on meeting load/fatigue *we're good!*

What in the team's process is going well?

  • The ad-hoc process is working

What in the team's process could be improved?

  • [James] Retro conflicts with semi-required Staff Community Time/Breakfast etc.
  • More regular updating of design/spec tickets
  • Be more consistent with where to find/share links to designs
  • I need externally-understandable epics
  • I'm kinda worried that our entire process depends on talking, and in particular hinges on Ramsey ... perhaps someday he *will* get sick, and then what?

What in the team's process is confusing?

  • The working board doesn't match Ramsey's workflow diagram
  • Does Mark want us to go to the MCR CPT meeting? http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=CPT-MCR [Yes]
  • Is the ad-hoc process working?

Parking Lot

  • [Mark] Suggestion - "Fireside Chats" (placed early so I'll remember)
  • [Mark] Maybe an extra hiring update?

Action Items

  • Someone (JAMES!) volunteers to see if Retro/Design-dev review can be moved from 1 Thursday to allow attendance of the Staff Community Time meeting
  • At some point, when things cool down, we return to forward-thinking documentation and processes. (things may never cool down, so we need to figure out how to deal with the craziness)
  • Attempt to Sort/categorize tickets based on user story or improvement story or XXX story.
  • *Try* to use part of Task Planning/Backlog Grooming on Monday to start this process