Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous Action Items
- Pam and Max to talk Phab and tracking design documentation [Didn't happen]
- Amanda to come to retros, calendar-RSVP hygiene [Done, yay]
Where are we today?
- Main issue is when a page doesn't have a MediaInfo slot, it doesn't know that it "should". [PageTypeHandler] / T205459
- Also, having to work off hacked-together stuff because MCR is currently getting confused by revision IDs. T194729
- SlotRoleHandler stuff / T194046
- Position on page
- Hard-coded "title" of the slot
- Search back-end (injection?) stuff is also pretty scary, might be a bigger issue / T190066
- It's disappointing how even Beta Cluster deployment keeps slipping back because of all these things.
- Depicts statements
- Announced our (initial) nixing of hierarchy traversal to community; they're understanding
- Lots of desire to organise display of depicts statements in a "folded" way.
- Need to work on display, search, and entry UX concepts.
- Search is hard [cue lots of in-depth discussion]
- Using the delay to spend time doing user testing
- On our custom Labs instance? Most likely (no other way to do it that Pam knows of)
- Might not have the time to act on findings.
- How is Google Meet working for folks?
- A few teams are exploring non-Google alternatives because they miss Hangouts
- What are these alternatives?
- [Mark] I find it sufficient, even if some of the keyboard shortcuts are a little more tedious (in Hangouts, tab+space would join a meeting, in Meet you really need to use the mouse unless you want to tab for 2 minutes or so)
- meh to Meet
- One "real" retro since June 21
- Are they necessary?
- Are we missing something from them?
- Maybe a chance to reflect on what retros are for, and affirm that we are getting that value otherwise
- Pam and Max to talk Phab and tracking design documentation [Re-scheduled]
- Amanda to talk to Caitlin about likely deployment dates for file captions