Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous Action Items
- Matthias to publish retro notes on mediawiki [DONE] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Multimedia/Retrospectives/2017-10-26
- Ramsey to chat with Anthony about QA capacity for MM
- Goal is to establish MM norms around mounting QA tasks
What in the team's process is going well?
- We still like each other! (no small feat based on some other teams hehe)
- Can't speak much about working together just yet, but I am enjoying getting to see everyone's faces and knowing people just a bit better (Pam)
- Cooperation with WMDE going well, thanks to Ramsey/Lydia cooperation I imagine
- I think everyone is learning from each other well and efficiently
- I really appreciate when Pam says she has nothing to say because I know she is paying attention. :) lollllll - yay!
What in the team's process could be improved?
- I (Matthias) took too long to start reviewing SVG patch (I was in no rush with Cormac on vacation, but only got to it once he was back already)
- With the recent rash of absences, I wonder if there is a more formal way we can handle absence-related gaps in our capacity (not sure if CR was a problem, but maybe addressing serious concerns in production that arise during a vacation is not super clear)
- I have no suggestions yet
- Standup meetings are a chain instead of individual, so one has to accept or decline for each day rather than each recurring instance. Not a problem if you go to all standups, but folks like Scrum Masters don't because they have other friends. Suggestion: Have Eng-Admin separate the meetings into their own recurring instances, instead of 4.
What in the team's process is confusing?
- On the "big picture" side, still a little confusion on the work we'll be doing in the near future on SDoC (not our fault, but something to be addressed) (curious about this too...)
- Nothing yet so far
- I'm a little unclear about reviews when people outside the team are involved - if I see someone else is reviewing a patch, I usually just stay out of it. Is that ok?
- That is ok
- Ramsey to work with engineering team to set norms around absences and picking up the slack/coverage
- Max to resched next retro to fit in Thanksgiving
- Mark to email relevant parties
- Matthias to post notes on MW.org
- Next retro scheduled for Thanksgiving Day (U.S.), should we reschedule?