Reading/Mexico Readers Research/Next steps
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Full story (1 hour, brown bag sometime after metrics)
- Main section
- Goals of project
- Research question
- Who we talked with (faces on page = collage of pics of each participant who said it was OK)
- High level findings (executive summary)
- Dive into each finding (maybe 1-2 slides for each)
- Specific knowledge questions answered (the ones that the teams requested)
- Do you know about Zero, logo, online shopping, donating to nonprofits, app, editing, language switching on mobile?
- What are "Knowledge" "encyclopedia" "learning"?
- Where research fits into series
- Personas (2)
- Profiles for each participant
- Tech ecosystems
- Behavioral variables (demographic info)
- Profiles for other interviews
- Ivan & Monica
- Dr. Rubio
- Erick Huerta / Nancy
- Gaby + professor
- Other Doctor from Tec de Monterrey
- Editing experiences
- Links to detailed data
- Participants Spreadsheet key
- Quantitative data
- Main section
- Metrics (15 min), target March 31, 2016
- Should be a shortened version of full deck
Raw data organization + publication
Add videos to google drive so the team can access them to pull video clips and it will create a back up too.
- Raw Videos organized on commons (public) / google drive with participants (internal)
- Spreadsheet key with links to videos
- Process photos
- Audio from livescribe? Is quality good enough?
- create draft personas
On wiki + send email announcements (Reading/Mexico_Readers_Research)
- Executive summary
- Publish deck to commons
- Commons photo/video gallery
- Notes from sessions
To dos (please add!)
Get more postits [Joaquin]
- Whole team
Complete all debriefs [whole team] Define patterns (synthesis) [whole team]
- Split up into subteams
Publish this page to wiki (let’s use that instead) [joaquin] Organize post-its onto big post-its (after debriefs done) [Abbey]
- Transcribe notes + publish to wiki (or upload /video audio to wiki for participants who are willing to share with public)
- Draft profiles
Create mediawiki template [Anne + Joaquin] Start to add content [Daisy]
- Draft tech ecosystems
Create mediawiki template page [Anne + Joaquin] Organize data [Abbey] Build spreadsheet [Abbey]
Get any missing info from Tulia - Anne sent email already Send list of participants who showed up to recruiter
Let's break this out by milestones on Thursdays. This makes sense because we have the weekly checkin on Thursdays and will be presenting at Metrics 3/31.
- [ABBEY + ANNE] Draft 1 hour deck
[SHERAH] Start a commons category for this work for people who wanted to share
- [SHERAH] Publish to commons using a category
- process photos
- Everyone on team share pictures of process / interviews they took on their phones / cameras
- Organize pictures taken on team members cameras (add to data set of participants, and gather to document process). Make sure private images/videos are marked as such.
- audio recordings
- Categorize device usage videos to share (decide if this is useful or not)
[DAISY] Account for simple questions, send to relevant teams Comms: What is "knowledge" "learning" "encyclopedia" Zero: Do you know Zero? Toby: Do you know Wiktionary? Toby: Do you know there's a Wikipedia app? Comms: Do you recognize the globe logo? Fundraising: Do you shop online? Fundraising: Do you donate to nonprofits?
- [ABBEY] [ANNE] Create polished profiles on wiki
ABBEY to do a sample Fill in profiles For short section Add aspirations
- Drop in pictures (for non-anonymous)
Add "day in the life" section, include family/living arrangements
- Make sure tech comfort is included
- Make sure connectivity is included
- Create polished tech eco systems
[JORGE][ANNE] Dig more about Mexico Smart phone/mobile penetration Internet penetration/access Wiki usage Different languages In general (pageviews, trends, etc.)
- [ANNE] How to put expert interviews on-wiki
March 24 Draft 15 min deck (March 23) March 31 - Metrics presentation Final 15 min deck
[ABBEY] Add research plan to wiki
- [ABBEY] Create 2 more personas - work with Danny H.
- [LATER] [ABBEY] Build out findings across countries (Ghana, South Africa, Mexico)
[DAISY] Enter contact info for participants of respective facilitated sessions in spreadsheet (internal only)
- [TEAM] Any follow up questions we can ask by survey? Via facebook?
- Do you use fb groups to collaborate?
- How do people think about internet/search/browsers?
- Mental model of creation of wikipedia?
- Why are people (not) interested in editing?
- [ABBEY] Check in with Legal about publishing spreadsheet
- Expand profiles to include information beyond the current sections (TBD)
- Final 1 hour deck & presentation