Quality Assurance SIG/20171215
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Attendees: Elena, Anthony, JR, Erik
- Last deploy this week - caught a last minute bug.
- Talked a bit about the cherry pick process in swat
- Mostly business as usual
- Changes in print styles (PDFs of our articles)
- Apps are doing good. Isn't finding as many bugs in Android as in iOS
- No real reason and not significantly different
- Multimedia is progressing well.
- ORES Post Mortem - https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation/20171120-Ext:ORES
- If given a heads-up, Elena is able and willing to review ORES-Ext
- Elena: Those that deploy should provide feedback on how to make deployments easier/better.
- Elena will review the docs an provide any additional input.
- Migration from Ruby to NodeJS
- Took a lot of work from multiple people to transition from Ruby vs NodeJS
- Intermitten failures have increased
- Sharing states is diffiuclt with NodeJS implementation. Needed to create another process to track states.
- Use code retouines or the latest version of NodeJS.
- Still using cucumber, that seemed to transition pretty well.
- 2 months at 40-60% of 2 engineers.
- Roled out machine learned ranking model.
- Rolled out to more Wikis this month