Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
We run dedicated real-time test events. Such events are characterized by:
- QA publishes a detailed test plan in advance
- Event involves Product Managers, QA, Engineering Community directly
- Scheduled meeting time on IRC and other communications channels published in advance
- Actively solicit appropriate contributors in advance
- Development team is prepared to act immediately on issues discovered by testing
- Such events often (but not always) involve a separate prepared test environment, like Beta Cluster or test2wiki.
We run asynchronous test events open for a period of time.
- QA publishes test plan in advance
- Testing involves QA personnel but others at their own discretion
- No synchronous meeting time scheduled, but QA and other staff are prepared to support testers on known channels, IRC and mail lists and Bugzilla
- Test environment is often in production, either dedicated pages, feature to be tested controlled by user preference, or other special arrangement
- Issues discovered may or may not be given high priority
Example: Visual Editor test event.
QA and Community always investigate incoming issue reports for severity.
- Weekly deployments get special scrutiny
- New features and recently changed features get special scrutiny