This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
See Selenium instead.
Anybody interested in writing test automation with Selenium and friends. Hosted by Selenium ninjas, rock stars, masters, gurus, superheros, (insert your favorite buzzword here), also known as Release Engineering Team.
Since we are limited by the room size, the first fifteen (15) people to RSVP to the invitation will be able to participate.
Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Just enough Ruby to be dangerous.
- Selenium 101.
- Honk if you believe in the tooth fairy, or page objects.
- Patterns and anti patterns. Or, I'll
sleepWhen I'm Dead.
- Eat your vegetables! Especially cucumbers.
- Driving browsers at your machine, in a virtual machine and in the cloud. And in the hyperspace.
- A little speed is all I need.
Please add topics that you would like to talk about. Some raw ideas are listed at T425.
Friday, January 23, 2015. (The day after WMF All Hands). 12pm-5pm.
Wikimedia Foundation mothership, deck R37.
Because it is lonely at the top. Also, we need more Selenium (buzzwords go here).
We will gather in a room and talk. Participants will decide which topics to cover. Code will be written. Bring your terminals. There might even be a slide or two.
We have scheduled Advanced Topics in Browser Test Automation for Monday afternoon at the Developer Summit